5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

364 days later, I finally get a working Media Hub!

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sharing for the sake of sharing. My rolling pile of technological migraines never ceases to amaze me.
Truck turns a year old for me tomorrow.
Since day one, I have not been able to get my Phone, or any other USB device, to connect to my Uconnect or do anything other than charge, through the media hub. 6 USB ports, all they did was charge my stuff.
I had purchased AlphaOBD and required cable to attempt at getting it to work (for other things too, but one of the main reasons for getting AlphaOBD)
When I accessed the BCM, there were a few settings that were not turned on from the factory for the USB ports. Through Alpha, I had turned them on as needed. Nothing. Media hub still only charged.

Until today. In a last ditch effort to explore the only option left, I opened up the under dash driver panel, reached behind my hub and jiggled the harnesses to the back of the hub. I attempted to remove the top harness, but could not feel the tab, but the harness did move a bit. So I pushed it back in. Repeated the same for the bottom harness...that's it.

And now, the hub works. Most importantly, it can now read a USB drive, and I was able to get my system to V39.7. After about 30 minutes, the system rebooted, then proceeded to install all of the Off Road & Performance pages I turned on in Alpha prior. I have all access to my media hub now, something I was not able to do from the day I bought it, as well as all the apps that were "missing" from the factory. Plus, am now able to read drives and do all the cool technology things you would expect in a $70K truck.

It's Alive...and of all days...Easter Sunday...LOL. Awesome day. It's also my wedding anniversary today. Got a huge chunk of prime red meat ready for dinner...it's like I hit the jackpot today!

mophead

Reaction score
With that extensive list of mods it looks like you've been busy all year. Glad to hear BH have working USBs. Happy Easter!

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
LOL, that sucks it took a year to figure that out but at least it’s done!

Users who are viewing this thread