5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

35x12.5 R18 Tire fitment

Barry3h

Reaction score
So I have a stock 2021 Ram with 18” Rims. I’m about to install a Mopar 2” leveling kit. I ordered 35 X 12.5 R18 because I was told I could fit them. I should have ordered 33” max. My dad has same Ram and fit his 33” without any problems.
I have the option of buying new rims as well but I’d rather not spend the money. What do I need to do to fit the Tires on stock rims or what 18” rims would give me the clearance I need?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have 35x12.5 R18 and will give you what I learned.

You will have to do some cutting on the inner lining. I have a 6 inch lift and could not get around that so expect that.

Also, call and speak with someone in the industry regarding wheel depth. My stock rims were 18x8 but I needed to go up to a 18x9 so the tires would not be compromised and over stretched. I have seen where folks stay with the 8 and be OK and others will say you have to go up to the 9. But speak with someone who installs and is familiar with the repercussions and performance of both ideas and go from there.

Do what your budget allows for but also do what is safe, even if that means waiting and saving up.

Hope this helps.
107f35b01e5069ba70ecb2525183546d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I have 35x12.5 R18 and will give you what I learned.

You will have to do some cutting on the inner lining. I have a 6 inch lift and could not get around that so expect that.

Also, call and speak with someone in the industry regarding wheel depth. My stock rims were 18x8 but I needed to go up to a 18x9 so the tires would not be compromised and over stretched. I have seen where folks stay with the 8 and be OK and others will say you have to go up to the 9. But speak with someone who installs and is familiar with the repercussions and performance of both ideas and go from there.

Do what your budget allows for but also do what is safe, even if that means waiting and saving up.

Hope this helps.
107f35b01e5069ba70ecb2525183546d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Thank you for the response. Some people don’t feel comfortable running spacers, however, do you think a hub centric 1.25” would make the 35’s clear without cutting?
Or backspacing on new rims?

Thank you for the response. Some people don’t feel comfortable running spacers, however, do you think a hub centric 1.25” would make the 35’s clear without cutting?
Or backspacing on new rims?
thats what i was told would help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back