5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

35s with a leveling kit-kit and tire questions

fubar414

Reaction score
On your Ridge Grapplers 35x 12.5x 22, where do you set your psi for everyday driving? Struggling to find a happy place.
I don’t have ridge grapplers. I’m getting recon grapplers put on in a week or so.

CharcoalRamKS

Reaction score
I just put on Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.50R22 on my 2022 RAM Limited with Air Suspension and haven't had any issues with rubbing yet. I just ordered the Revel Front Links (front only) to level it out. Should have them in about a week!
Could you shoot me some pics of the 35x12.5R22 with front links please?

TyH2009

Reaction score
It’s great. The only instances I’ve heard of that is when they haven’t been properly aligned. front currently stands at 39.5" from ground to highest point (center) of front wheel well, and rear sits right at 40".
Not sure what alignment would have to do with it. I got mine aligned right after the Readylift kit was Installed and mine sat ever so slightly nose high. I got rear links and set to raise .5” and now it’s perfect. The issue is I think the “1.5” level is more than 1.5” of true measurement. I wish I did before/after, but I also had bigger tires installed at the same time.

btman897

Reaction score
I’ve heard that I wouldn’t be able to run 35’s with a 2” level.. I have the stock Laramie 22’s on a 2020 Laramie.. no air ride.. any input?

Finhunter619

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Rebel with air suspension and getting ready to have my leveling links installed and new 18" method rims with tires installed. I want to go with the Falken LT 285/75/18 which says its a 35" high tire and a little wider than stock. So Im concerned they will rub the UCA since I have seen that my UCA is very close to the stock 275/70/18 tire sidewall. Maybe a finger width of clearance, (3/8-1/2). The methods I have are a -12 offset and are super close to the caliper. Does the ready lift UCA give more clearance from the tire sidewall?
Why are guys installing both the 2" puck spacers AND a links leveling kit?

Mattdunne1985

Reaction score
I also have a 21 Lonestar 4x4, added 2.5" motofab leveling spacers and 295/65r20 on stock night edition 20x9 wheels.

I went with Yokohama Geolandar MT's. On the truck they measure out to about 34.75" tall, and 11.8" wide. My biggest concern for fitment was with the upper control arm. Stock tire was very close to the UCA, with maybe 5/8" of space between the ball joint and the tire sidewall. But after the 2.5" level the Yokohama's fit with around 3/8" of space now, and clear at full lock either direction. The tires also clear at full lock everywhere else within the wheel well, and just narrowly miss my mud flap in the front wheel wells.

The Motofab 2.5" kit also worked out pretty well. Stock heights I measured out at 39" to the center of the rear wheel well, 36.25" to the center of the front. Now after level and tires I'm at 40.75" to the rear and 40.25" to the front. So still a tiny bit of rake, though it has the illusion that the front is high.

No rubbing anywhere. clears front of the wheel wells, clears back of the wheel well with the small mud flaps. Only place it rubbed was when reversing and turning the wheel to the left, the passenger tire would catch the thin plastic inner wheel well liner. It was curving outwards likely due to engine heat and it curling. I snipped off a 2 inch section with some scissors and fixed that.

View attachment 125278
were your heights stock or did you have ORP? I am 35.25 and 38.

Aaronblumie

Reaction score
Could you shoot me some pics of the 35x12.5R22 with front links please?
How did that work out? I have 18” methods on my 2021 4x4 limited with the air suspension… I want to put 35s on and not do anything else to the truck…

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online