5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

35's on 18's - What lift?

Helmetface

Reaction score
I hate to waste a thread on this, but hopefully I can get some answers for not only myself, but for others in a similar situation.

I was intending on getting a 6" lift, 35" tire setup. But after reading the notes on every reasonably priced lift I could find, they all require a 20"+ wheel.

However, it is my personal taste that I do not like the look of 20"+ wheels. 18" with a lot of meat is a lot more "rugged" looking and right where I'd like to be with my truck.

That being said, is there a lift (that isn't $3,000+) where I can comfortably run a large 34" or 35"? As a side note, I am looking for Zero Rub. I've been there before, only "rubbing at full lockout" and I'm not looking to do that to this truck.

It isn't the end of the world if it doesn't work out my way. 20's are just a little too gangsta and not quite truck enough for my intentions and style.

Thanks for any suggestions!

cwolf908

Reaction score
I think the determining factors on whether or not you'll rub are: overall lift, wheel offset, and wheel width.

I'm in the process of accruing parts for my lift and going with a 20x9 -12mm offset wheel, 35x11.5 Nittos, and the Mopar lift w/ added ORP springs for an extra inch (should be around 3" lift overall). I'll definitely be posting pics and impressions once everything is installed. But based on what I've read, I think the conservative offset and 11.5 tire will help.

You should also check out the gallery at custom offsets to see builds similar to what you're looking to do on other 2019 Rams.

RamSco

Reaction score
I hate to waste a thread on this, but hopefully I can get some answers for not only myself, but for others in a similar situation.

I was intending on getting a 6" lift, 35" tire setup. But after reading the notes on every reasonably priced lift I could find, they all require a 20"+ wheel.

However, it is my personal taste that I do not like the look of 20"+ wheels. 18" with a lot of meat is a lot more "rugged" looking and right where I'd like to be with my truck.

That being said, is there a lift (that isn't $3,000+) where I can comfortably run a large 34" or 35"? As a side note, I am looking for Zero Rub. I've been there before, only "rubbing at full lockout" and I'm not looking to do that to this truck.

It isn't the end of the world if it doesn't work out my way. 20's are just a little too gangsta and not quite truck enough for my intentions and style.

Thanks for any suggestions!
BDS 6" allows 18" rims. I had exactly the same issue (trying to find a kit that did not require 20's) and BDS came through and solved it! I have 35 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 18x9 5" backspace. Perfect for what I wanted.

Attachments

• Del w shell 06.01.19 - 4.jpg
    Del w shell 06.01.19 - 4.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 69

Users who are viewing this thread