5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

35s and mpg

Turbo1895

Reaction score
You can't delete options but you can hide them. One can configure screen not to show fuel data.
How does the 3.21 rear axle and 6'4" bed drive with 35's x12.5 tires? Have same set up and worried about truck being a slug off the line with this this wheel & tire set up

Hsmith5

Reaction score
What is everyone getting mpg with 35” tires? I have 800 miles on my new truck and getting approximately 13 mpg city driving. Is this normal? Do you think this will improve?

Just bought my truck in late January and had lift, tires, and exhaust installed the next week. I’m running 35’s and as of right now getting around 13mpg. I did reconfigure the tire size in the computer for the 35’s (with the Tazer), so I’m guessing the mpg should be pretty accurate. Now I only had the truck for a couple of weeks and have about 1500 miles on it so hopefully once it gets broke in it will go up more. And it don’t help with the exhaust, I have a hard time right now not getting on it. Lol

Attachments

• 579582BF-4E8E-48C4-92F2-D43466611A70.jpeg
    579582BF-4E8E-48C4-92F2-D43466611A70.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 77

bigdaddymac

Reaction score
I haven’t adjusted the speedometer yet so I can’t give an accurate number on my end. But I can tell you the sound of the new Carven muffler hasn’t helped one bit. I missed the rumble of exhaust!

Wheeler

Reaction score
How does the 3.21 rear axle and 6'4" bed drive with 35's x12.5 tires? Have same set up and worried about truck being a slug off the line with this this wheel & tire set up
I got Vitesse Motorsports Throttle controller. Any settings above SP6 does smoke the tires. Best 0 to 60 I got with setup is 6.6 seconds.

Attachments

• IMG_20200101_073707.jpg
    IMG_20200101_073707.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 19

Turbo1895

Reaction score
I got Vitesse Motorsports Throttle controller. Any settings above SP6 does smoke the tires. Best 0 to 60 I got with setup is 6.6 seconds.
[/
I have been leaning towards 295/60/r20 Ridge grapplers but my local shop is telling me to just do 35x11.5 or grow a set and rock 35x12.5 and I am not really not sure if it it is going to have any noticeable impact or not to be honest, but I am worried about a noticeable performance drop. Between tire size and the exact set of rims I want, i just need to make a damn decision and order something up.

nbomar

Reaction score
Just drove from SLC, UT to Phoenix, AZ. Pulled a 8.5x16 enclosed trailer with a UTV that weighs approximately 1700 lbs. The trip was mostly highway. Some travel at elevation. I stayed between 68-75 mph on the highway. Tow/Haul mode was engaged. I got around 9 mpg for the trip.

I towed my 16’ enclosed last week empty and got 6.5 mpg. My new ram is the most gutless fuel hog I’ve ever had...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020blckout

Reaction score
Just bought my truck in late January and had lift, tires, and exhaust installed the next week. I’m running 35’s and as of right now getting around 13mpg. I did reconfigure the tire size in the computer for the 35’s (with the Tazer), so I’m guessing the mpg should be pretty accurate. Now I only had the truck for a couple of weeks and have about 1500 miles on it so hopefully once it gets broke in it will go up more. And it don’t help with the exhaust, I have a hard time right now not getting on it. Lol
Do you still have your air suspension working?
trying to get a lift from rought country 5”with air suspension still working
Also those flares looks bad *** !
Do you get rid of the 22 black wheels ? If you do wondering how much I can sell them for!

hutchman

Reaction score
I meant what I said because the 2.93:1 is a lower or smaller ratio than 3.92:1, though It turns out that gear terminology is dictated by the final output speed and not the ratio of the gear.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-1302-the-lowdown-on-gear-ratios/

Your response tells anyone who understands gear ratios and performance in general that you are a clueless internet troll. Your linked reference confirms that fact.

A 2.93 ratio is higher than 3.92. It always has been and always will be.

Hsmith5

Reaction score
Do you still have your air suspension working?
trying to get a lift from rought country 5”with air suspension still working
Also those flares looks bad *** !
Do you get rid of the 22 black wheels ? If you do wondering how much I can sell them for!

Air suspension all works like normal. I went with the BDS lift. I still got the original wheels and have them listed for sale. I have the tire and wheels listed for $1800 right now.

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
What is everyone getting mpg with 35” tires? I have 800 miles on my new truck and getting approximately 13 mpg city driving. Is this normal? Do you think this will improve?

I am getting 14.5 mostly city driving. I am right at 19 highway running 70 and 18 running 80. Always run 93 octane fuel. I’m on 35x12.50R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers and 3.5” Readylift and front air dam removed. I also have my speedo recalibrated with HP Tuners and it is spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

My1stHemi

Reaction score
Your response tells anyone who understands gear ratios and performance in general that you are a clueless internet troll. Your linked reference confirms that fact.

A 2.93 ratio is higher than 3.92. It always has been and always will be.
Interesting. I didn’t know I was a troll. Trolls are hateful angry creatures. You get that from my post? Pot calling the kettle black perhaps?

I clarified why I made a mistake in describing gearing and I posted a helpful educational link from what I thought was a reputable resource so that others might learn.
I will pray for you and a softer heart. If you are in a leadership position or have children, I pray for those people if they make mistakes around you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread