5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

33 Gallon tank miles to empty

Wsmith

Reaction score
I filled up after a 1,100 mile interstate trip. Averaging 22.8 mpg it said I had 748 miles to empty. That quickly went down as the mileage got worse. 18.4 Chicago to Sheridan Wyoming. 22.8 from Sheridan to Chicago. 30 mile headwind heading west, tailwind heading east.

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
I average 13-14 mpg here in Southern California so I get roughly high 300s or low 400s in miles on a 33 gallon tank so fill up once a week for about 90$ at Costco

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
7500 miles here and I normally put in 89 also but I did notice on my cross country road trip that my MPG would depend mostly on the brand and if it had ethanol or not in it. Some brands say may contain up to 10%. When home and use the same brand mostly consistent with 17-18 normal city/highway driving basically no load

kittyjo

Reaction score
I honestly can’t wait till the 2021 Ford is out for awhile to get the kinks out cus I’m most likely switching unless ram ups their game in the a/c and uconnect update problems... also ford has 36gal tank while ram has 33..

shurik74

Reaction score
7500 miles here and I normally put in 89 also but I did notice on my cross country road trip that my MPG would depend mostly on the brand and if it had ethanol or not in it. Some brands say may contain up to 10%. When home and use the same brand mostly consistent with 17-18 normal city/highway driving basically no load
Year? Engine? Axle ratio?

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2019 Rebel usually shows between 900-1000km(559-621 miles) and my usual is 60/40(city/highway)

Scorpion61

Reaction score
I'm a little confused because I have a 33 gallon tank on my 2022 ram 1500 rebel and my range says 156 miles to empty when it was full of gas and my fuel gauge reads full i know that can't be right am i not understanding some, will my truck stop when the range goes to 0 on the range ? Or not. Or am I seeing only a estimate by the computer? If so can it be reset to give me an accurate range to empty.I really would appreciate if someone could explain this to me. Thank you

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a little confused because I have a 33 gallon tank on my 2022 ram 1500 rebel and my range says 156 miles to empty when it was full of gas and my fuel gauge reads full i know that can't be right am i not understanding some, will my truck stop when the range goes to 0 on the range ? Or not. Or am I seeing only an estimate by the computer? If so can it be reset to give me an accurate range to empty.I really would appreciate if someone could explain this to me. Thank you
It’s just an estimate, your truck won’t turn off until you physically run out of gas.
What is your current MPG showing? If you idled the engine for a long time recently (and were showing somewhere around 5mpg), then the estimated range of 156 miles would be correct.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I'm a little confused because I have a 33 gallon tank on my 2022 ram 1500 rebel and my range says 156 miles to empty when it was full of gas and my fuel gauge reads full i know that can't be right am i not understanding some, will my truck stop when the range goes to 0 on the range ? Or not. Or am I seeing only a estimate by the computer? If so can it be reset to give me an accurate range to empty.I really would appreciate if someone could explain this to me. Thank you
that is weird
when i full up my 33 tank it says over 560 miles to empty

Scorpion61

Reaction score
that is weird

It’s just an estimate, your truck won’t turn off until you physically run out of gas.
What is your current MPG showing? If you idled the engine for a long time recently (and were showing somewhere around 5mpg), then the estimated range of 156 miles would be correct. thank you so much I appreciate your reply

Scorpion61

Reaction score
that is weird

What is your current MPG showing? If you idled the engine for a long time recently (and were showing somewhere around 5mpg), then the estimated range of 156 miles would be correct.
Oh OK I understand now, and yes you are right in what you said. I also Try to reset my mpg range.
But it didn't reset to zero. I guess I would have to drive it. Thank you I really do appreciate your help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230527_011333_Ram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230527_011333_Ram.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 12

Users who are viewing this thread