5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 Month Report

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In the first three months of ownership:
  • 10 States Visited
  • 3 National Parks
  • 2 Campground Stays in our Travel Trailer
  • 4000+ miles
  • Made friends with Android Auto

All in all, we have no complaints with our Ram.

OK, maybe parking can sometimes be a challenge. I was shocked to find that not one door ding in the three national parks we visited. Despite it being (near) leaf season.

Something really cool about taking a 1500+ mile road trip (we just got back) and only having to fill up once. :)

Funny thing is, this isn't my daily driver and I'm on a 12K mile pace for the first year!

Glad to hear you had a nice trip. We just went on a one week trip through Montana. Wish I was still there LOL

You have a Limited, which means you have the power steps and air suspension. One way to help minimize the chance for door dings is to raise the suspension to Off-road 2 and deploy the steps. Any car door will hit the steps before hitting the painted surface of your truck. This obviously won't work for taller vehicles, so it doesn't totally eliminate the risks. But definitely helps reduce the chances of door dings.

Glad to hear you had a nice trip. We just went on a one week trip through Montana. Wish I was still there LOL

You have a Limited, which means you have the power steps and air suspension. One way to help minimize the chance for door dings is to raise the suspension to Off-road 2 and deploy the steps. Any car door will hit the steps before hitting the painted surface of your truck. This obviously won't work for taller vehicles, so it doesn't totally eliminate the risks. But definitely helps reduce the chances of door dings.
That's a good idea. I actually disabled the power steps because they were coming out every single time a door was opened (so unpacking at a hotel can be really annoying) Plus, OR2 makes it easier to see pulling out!

I love Montana--especially Glacier National Park and the Rockies.

I forgot to note that while cleaning out the car when we got home, it was like a pack rat's den on the passenger side. My wife had stuffed every storage area (and there are a lot of them) with stuff.

I forgot to note that while cleaning out the car when we got home, it was like a pack rat's den on the passenger side. My wife had stuffed every storage area (and there are a lot of them) with stuff.
I don't know a female that doesn't do that. Not saying they don't exist, but like a unicorn, I have yet to spot one. :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back