5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"3.8 Additional Gallons of Diesel"?

henrypretz

Reaction score
Hi there. This is my first post but just reading the boards here has taught me a good deal about my new 2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 3.0 Ecodiesel.
My question is, what does the term "3.8 Additional Gallons of Diesel" listed on my build sheet actually mean? My truck, according to the build sheet, is equipped with the 33 gallon fuel tank option. Is this what is meant by that? I'll find out soon enough when I fill the tank for the first time, but wondered if anyone here can enlighten me on this.
Thanks ~
Henry

henrypretz

Reaction score
Thank you, Richard. That makes sense. It just seemed very vague to me. And 3.8 gallons instead of 4? That doesn't make as much sense.
I appreciate your response.
Cheers 🍻

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you, Richard. That makes sense. It just seemed very vague to me. And 3.8 gallons instead of 4? That doesn't make as much sense.
I appreciate your response.
Cheers 🍻
My guess is they figure out exactly what amount of fuel they need based off the engine to do the required tests at the factory and load onto the trucks (every truck is run on rollers and then goes through a quick test loop).

While 0.2 gallons may sound silly, miltiply that by 50,000 diesels a year (wild guess? And there's some big savings.

Users who are viewing this thread