5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.6L NO Longer available on the LIMITED

Sergeant Jim

Reaction score
Hello,
I ordered a 2021 Limited and was told the eTorque option was only $200 more down from the $1995 from last year. While curious not concerned as I had a signed deal. Well looking at another tread here it was there that NADA & Cars.com had the packages and pricing for the 2021's. it was on Cars.com that i discovered that the "Regular" 5.7 Hemi is now the base engine on the Limited's and only options are 5.7 eTorque & 3.0 Diesel. Of couse the base price of the Limited went up almost $2500 so I gues thats why.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably because it's such a heavy truck it would be an absolute dog with the 3.6L

Sergeant Jim

Reaction score
thats what I would have thought but my friend has a 2019 longhorn with it and its got some pep

Phillip Berk

Reaction score
For a top of the line model I can't imagine many people want the 3.6 the economy isn't much better, and again if you are spending 60 grand on a truck, why not at least have a Hemi... Makes sense, Can't imagine they have many limited with 3.6's

AZHUND

Reaction score
Didn't know this was even a choice. Have a Pentastar in my Wrangler and wish that thing had more power... Cannot imagine it in a limited that is even heavier than my Bighorn with all that chrome and shiny things.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I've got it in my loaded Longhorn...this was my first truck and I've been kicking myself about it ever since. I'll be upgrading to a 2500 next year, but if I were able to go back and pick a different engine, my preference order would go 3.0>5.7>>>>>>3.6.

Drewster

Reaction score
More surprising that anyone is buying a Limited with a 3.6...

The only real advantage is payload capacity

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The Longhorn and Limited models up here have never been available with the 6

Sergeant Jim

Reaction score
Not True. My close friend has a Longhorn with the 3.6. And if you go to Ramtrucks.com and use "Build & Price" on the 20's you will find them not only available but on the Limited the Base Motor.

Fatherof3

Reaction score
Not True. My close friend has a Longhorn with the 3.6. And if you go to Ramtrucks.com and use "Build & Price" on the 20's you will find them not only available but on the Limited the Base Motor.
I thought .com was the States site I’ll look again on Ramtrucks.ca

Fatherof3

Reaction score
Yep , in Canada the Sport , Rebel , Laramie , Longhorn and Limited only have 3 options 5.7 w/o etorque, 5.7 w/etorque and the 3.0 diesel. We can only get the 3.6 in a Tradesman and Bighorn .

Last edited:

Sergeant Jim

Reaction score
sorry I didn't notice you were from Canada. Did not know there was a difference. although that makes sense sine you have a sport trim there and we do not. Are the 2021's showing on Canada's site. They were up here for about 4 days then disparaged.

2019REBEL

Reaction score
sorry I didn't notice you were from Canada. Did not know there was a difference. although that makes sense sine you have a sport trim there and we do not. Are the 2021's showing on Canada's site. They were up here for about 4 days then disparaged.

Nope we be lucky to be able to build one in Feb 2021 ;)

Users who are viewing this thread