5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.6 water pump changed now check engine light and noise

partsforexport

Reaction score
Hi. I have a 2020 1500 3.6 and I just replaced the water pump as well thermostat with housing and both belts. Started up no noise no leaks and stayed at normal operating temperature for 30 minutes. Took for a test drive and drove about 100 feet I heard a chirp noise which sounded like a bearing ready to lock up. I turned around and drove back and heard this noise again 2 times. Got back to my business and noticed the check engine light on. I shut off and started and did not hear the noise but did not want to chance having something lock up and snap the new belt I shut the truck off. Anyone have this same problem? Thank you

cerbo

Reaction score
open the hood, take a look at the belt, see if it s tight, start up truck and observe belt, observe coolant temp and look for leaks around pump. If that s all good, drive it back to the shop that did the job.(keeping an eye on the temp gauge).

Users who are viewing this thread