5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.5" vs 6" lift opinions

Amplify249

Reaction score
I am considering lifting my new truck (well....not considering, I AM) and would like to get yall's opinion on the matter. I was previously set on the readylift or Rancho 3.5" lift kit but after browsing around on custom offsets, I can't make up my mind. I like the look of both of them, but wonder if the 3.5" is enough to make a difference, seeing one in person vs online is always a much bigger difference I feel. SOOOO I am turning to you guys for some opinions. Here are some of the factors that may help your opinion as to what could be right for me.

I am not entirely worried about the price difference between to two.
I do not/ will not offroad the vehicle, it will be a street queen that will occasionally travel down a dirt road to get to a trail head to go hiking.
I commute roughly 52 miles a day, so I would like to stay away from 37's for gas reasons. (I get it, I am not supposed to worry about gas prices with a lifted truck, but lets be real, gas prices are going to skyrocket)
I do not regularly use the bed aside from loading/unloading mountain bikes, and occasionally a dirtbike.
Wife is 5'1....

Hopefully this info helps some of yall with your educated suggestions. I am worried the 3.5" wont really be a noticeable difference, but also do not want to go overkill with a 6" Esp if 35's wont fill the gap appropriately. What brand do yall recommend and which lift for my uses?

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Everyone has their own opinion on this matter so really it's what you like the looks of! I have read and seen many people complaining about the ride quality of the 3.5 lift as well as having issues with tires and UCA rubbing on that lift, not sure it it's something they have fixed or not... 3.5" would def be enough to "make a difference" but 3.5 wouldn't be enough for me, I would regret not going with the 6" especially after driving a 2013 Laramie for almost 7 years with a 6" lift, the factory height of these new rams should be illegal, I feel like I'm in a little car and will be lifting my 5th Gen here within the next couple months once the weather gets better. As far as tire size, yes obviously 35s would look more snug on the 3.5" but IMO 35s still look really damn good on these trucks with a 6" lift so I wouldn't worry about having to go 37s with the 6". As far as brands, my money is going towards either Zone or BDS (same company) Zone is the "budget" version of BDS. BDS being pretty much the best lift you can buy for these trucks! If you decide to not go with a 6" I would highly recommend going with a zone or BDS 4" lift before messing with the readylift. Just my 2 cents, either way you'll love what you end up going with!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

MLMaxx

Reaction score
As someone in a similar situation thatll be lifting this spring when the weather clears I can only pass on what Im doing. Find your wheel and tire combo and work that backwards to the look you want.

For me, I want to run 35s, and the wheels I want are -25 offset.... that means a 3.5 lift isnt quite enough without significant trimming, but look wise 6in is a bit over the top and has too much "stilt" look to it, which it sounds like you want to avoid as well. A Zone 4" lift will put me exactly where I want to be, unless I change my mind on wheels in the next month of course.

Mikejones11

Reaction score
I drive 200 miles a day with my truck. I went with 37s. I knew I would not be happy with 35s. My mpg went from 15.9 ish stock to 15 with the 6 inch lift and 37s

Users who are viewing this thread