5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-4" lift for a pavement princess

jsteinm1

Reaction score
I've gone over about 500 different ways to get this much lift and I think read almost every thread on here 🥴 I'm looking for some feedback on the best (cost effective) way to achieve 3-4" of lift. I do near zero off-roading, but I'm after the best ride quality that I can get with this. I was pretty certain on going with an assortment of spacers/shocks, but seeing a Zone lift isn't terribly much more, I'm open to it. I have a Laramie Night Edition (no ORP). What are your thoughts on:

Piecemeal Kit:
Front Shocks: Bilsteins set at #4 for 1.3"
UCA: Readylift (or considering Zone or Mopar?)
Front Top hat Spacer: Readylift (part of kit with UCAs)
Rear Shocks: Bilsteins - any benefit to these over stock? necessary?
Rear Spacer: Motofab 1.5"

- OR -

Zone 4" Lift Kit
(If I go this route, Nitro or Fox shocks for the rear? Or would Bils all around be a benefit?)

Amplify249

Reaction score
Are you 2 or 4wd?
I just recently bought the 3.5" from readylift and an wondering if it was the right choice. It is not installed yet until I get further opinions from others on here

MGibbs

Reaction score
I've gone over about 500 different ways to get this much lift and I think read almost every thread on here 🥴 I'm looking for some feedback on the best (cost effective) way to achieve 3-4" of lift. I do near zero off-roading, but I'm after the best ride quality that I can get with this. I was pretty certain on going with an assortment of spacers/shocks, but seeing a Zone lift isn't terribly much more, I'm open to it. I have a Laramie Night Edition (no ORP). What are your thoughts on:

Piecemeal Kit:
Front Shocks: Bilsteins set at #4 for 1.3"
UCA: Readylift (or considering Zone or Mopar?)
Front Top hat Spacer: Readylift (part of kit with UCAs)
Rear Shocks: Bilsteins - any benefit to these over stock? necessary?
Rear Spacer: Motofab 1.5"

- OR -

Zone 4" Lift Kit
(If I go this route, Nitro or Fox shocks for the rear? Or would Bils all around be a benefit?)

I too have a Laramie Night Edition (non ORP) and was debating the same, ended up purchasing the following.

Front: ORP springs, Bilsteins & Mopar UCA
Rear Shocks: 5160s Bilsteins

I didn’t want to put a spacer on my truck and w/ ORP springs you get an additional inch. I do (mild) towing a couple times a year and have a shell on the back. Currently stuck on deciding rims/tires. Wanting 33x12.5r20, sticking with a softer tire since I’m mainly on the road as well. Go luck with your build.

jsteinm1

Reaction score
I too have a Laramie Night Edition (non ORP) and was debating the same, ended up purchasing the following.

Front: ORP springs, Bilsteins & Mopar UCA
Rear Shocks: 5160s Bilsteins

I didn’t want to put a spacer on my truck and w/ ORP springs you get an additional inch. I do (mild) towing a couple times a year and have a shell on the back. Currently stuck on deciding rims/tires. Wanting 33x12.5r20, sticking with a softer tire since I’m mainly on the road as well. Go luck with your build.
Have you put them on yet? Hows the ride quality?

Gatekeeper59

Reaction score
I would love to hear what you think of that set up MGibbs. Looking to do something similar. If you've already done it, what setting on the front Bilsteins? Also any pics? Thanks in advance.

doolin64

Reaction score
I may get laughed off the forum by some, but I'm somewhat following mwilliams on his lift. Rough Country 3.5" loaded struts, rough country front upper control arms, and rough country rear shocks. I've yet to find a bad review of how these struts ride either here or on the Facebook Ram groups. For rear lift, I'm deviating from him. He went with Icon lift springs. I'm going to go with a Supreme Suspension 2" rear upper spacer (like the Mopar and Readylift kit). Of course this is all dependent upon how much I owe the govt in taxes for 2020. My little project could be delayed.

MGibbs

Reaction score
Have you put them on yet? Hows the ride quality?
Just got all the parts in last week. Probably about another week out from installing. I’ll update once complete. Still debating between which setting on the front bilsteins, thinking 3 or 4. Not going to max them out, heard from several how stiff the ride gets. Plus I think 5 is the highest with ORP springs.

Highertechnology

Reaction score
About a week out from installing, need some free time from work. I’ll update and post pics once complete.

Following this. Did you end up with the same parts as you had planned? Which UCA and 5100s all around?

MGibbs

Reaction score
Following this. Did you end up with the same parts as you had planned? Which UCA and 5100s all around?
My plan switched numerous times after researching. Went with 5100s up front, 5160s rear. Purchased the Mopar UCAs used in the 2in kit, no plans of serious off roading. Correcting the angle of the ball joint will give me a better piece of mind. Plus they’re only like $60 a piece.

Ccm12

Reaction score
I may get laughed off the forum by some, but I'm somewhat following mwilliams on his lift. Rough Country 3.5" loaded struts, rough country front upper control arms, and rough country rear shocks. I've yet to find a bad review of how these struts ride either here or on the Facebook Ram groups. For rear lift, I'm deviating from him. He went with Icon lift springs. I'm going to go with a Supreme Suspension 2" rear upper spacer (like the Mopar and Readylift kit). Of course this is all dependent upon how much I owe the govt in taxes for 2020. My little project could be delayed.
I have considered same and am interested how this turns out

BalckBear91

Reaction score
Can you point me to mwilliams thread? I am interested in doing the rough country 3.5" N3 struts, rough country forged front upper control arms, icon 1.5" rear coil springs, and rough country rear N3 shocks. I am thinking this will work to achieve 3.5" lift based off of everything I have researched.

doolin64

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread