5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.21 vs 3.92 0-60

jman307

Reaction score
Howdy! Does anyone have the #s on this? CC 4x4s empty weight, primarily just curious!

Panhandle Ram

Reaction score
Using tazer DT for times and in 4wd auto
etorque 3.92 big horn crewcab
6.54 0-60
2.37 0-30
Pics are in the thread i started trying to compare times too a few months back. Dont remember seeing any 3.21 times

jman307

Reaction score
Using tazer DT for times and in 4wd auto
etorque 3.92 big horn crewcab
6.54 0-60
2.37 0-30
Pics are in the thread i started trying to compare times too a few months back. Dont remember seeing any 3.21 times
Copy that. Surely someone out there has some #s on the 3.21, accurate #s and not me with a stop watch!

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was going to do mine but had to remove my TAZER due to the camera and other module issues. I have it back in, so I'll see if I can handle the 3.21 this weekend for you.

(in general, though, the 3.92s should give faster times)

Last edited:

Panhandle Ram

Reaction score
had to remove my TAZER due to the camera and other module issues.
What other issues did you have? I also removed mine bc i was having wierd electrical things happening like tow haul coming on and off by itself. When removed all was good. Was mid summer so I figured it couldn't take the parking lot heat but will try tazer again in following cooler months

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What other issues did you have? I also removed mine bc i was having wierd electrical things happening like tow haul coming on and off by itself. When removed all was good. Was mid summer so I figured it couldn't take the parking lot heat but will try tazer again in following cooler months

PVT MSG sent to not spam the thread ..

Tim N

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was only able to get a couple 0-30s today since there was so much traffic:

Filled tank (it was less than 45 miles left)
Outside Temperature79.9°F
Wind Chill79.9°F
Heat Index80.4°F
Dewpoint70.5°F
Humidity73%
Barometer29.660 inHg
Barometer Trend (3 hours)-0.016 inHg

3 pulls from dead stop using TAZER DT as the stop watch:

1] 2WD - TOW ON - TRACTION OFF - ECO ON
2] 2WD - TOW OFF - TRACTION OFF - ECO OFF
3] 2WD - TOW OFF - TRACTION OFF - ECO OFF - BRAKE TORQUE START
3.51 with lots of wheel spin (I should have done one more same with 4WD for comparison)

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was only able to get a couple 0-30s today since there was so much traffic:

Filled tank (it was less than 45 miles left)
Outside Temperature79.9°F
Wind Chill79.9°F
Heat Index80.4°F
Dewpoint70.5°F
Humidity73%
Barometer29.660 inHg
Barometer Trend (3 hours)-0.016 inHg

3 pulls from dead stop using TAZER DT as the stop watch:

1] 2WD - TOW ON - TRACTION OFF - ECO ON
2] 2WD - TOW OFF - TRACTION OFF - ECO OFF
3] 2WD - TOW OFF - TRACTION OFF - ECO OFF - BRAKE TORQUE START
3.51 with lots of wheel spin (I should have done one more same with 4WD for comparison)

Well, I think I see why Fuelly says you're only getting 9.7 MPG... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I think I see why Fuelly says you're only getting 9.7 MPG... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

HAHAHAH!!

It is actually 11.1 now because I finally got some highway miles on it. (don't know why it takes so long for the forums to catch up)

Was driving at lunch today and forgot I wasn't in the Durango R/T - had a nice controlled drift around a corner .. and I realized traction control was still off.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally able to get a couple 0-60s this weekend with a full fuel tank (33 gal)

6.81 was the best yesterday but I couldn't really go for it due to traffic.

Panhandle Ram

Reaction score
Not bad at all,I'm impressed. You've got a bigger fuel tank, higher end trim so more weight and bigger wheels than my slimmed down Big horn on stock 20's. that weight alone might be the difference.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
forgot to mention been running yucky 87 (I filled up with 87 no alcohol after that test).
been trying diff grades .. I always run 91 when I can (even did it in my Durango R/T).
once I got back to the 91, I'll have to try again ..
my RAMAIR is supposedly on the way as well, so I need to get more baselines prior to installing that.

Panhandle Ram

Reaction score
I thought about rotating 87 and 89 to save about $0.20 a gallon every other tank. Would in theory, keep octane level close to recommended somewhere in the 87.5-88.5 since usually 3 gal left when refilling.
What drivetrain mode are you in for these tests?
dont see if you have the E-locker or LSD like I do. And I see you do have 20's like me tho, dont know where I got to thinking you had the 22's.
I ran in 4wd auto.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2-wheel (I did a couple 4-wheel auto for testing .. didn't change anything for me -- except if I did a brake launch, that would have kept the wheel spin down -- and traction control off because I wanted the RPMs to raise, not cut the motor out).

LSD - I was going to get the E-locker, but wouldn't use it since I don't tow much. (same with the no trailer brake). My Silverado 2500 has all that for heavy towing.

I have the stock 20s (street tires) .. I wanted the 22s but didn't like the Laramie Rims - I wanted the Limited rims.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Warmer day out and got a 2.61 for the best one .. not really SLAMMING the throttle, but wanted to see if the times were somewhat consistent .. supposedly, my RAMAIR will be here tomorrow or Saturday.

2020GraniteBH

Reaction score
I thought about rotating 87 and 89 to save about $0.20 a gallon every other tank. Would in theory, keep octane level close to recommended somewhere in the 87.5-88.5 since usually 3 gal left when refilling.
What drivetrain mode are you in for these tests?
dont see if you have the E-locker or LSD like I do. And I see you do have 20's like me tho, dont know where I got to thinking you had the 22's.
I ran in 4wd auto.
Have you been doing this with the gas? I am curious as to what everyone is doing in regards to 87/89 (I know search function) just my first time reading about it. Also where you at in the Panhandle?

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm going back to straight 89 for the rig. I've now tested 87+Eth / 87 Plain / 89+Eth (have not yet tried 91).

I run the rig from full down to 3/4 or 1/2 prior to doing test runs so I know the fuel is "mixed" .. I let the tank go nearly empty (less than 75 miles left estimated).

PS: rig now has only 800 miles on it .. I'm still waiting to get it truly broken in -- I'll need a nice long highway trip one weekend it seems.

PSS: my RAMAIR did not make it in Fri or Sat, so I can't install that today, either :(

Panhandle Ram

Reaction score
Have you been doing this with the gas? I am curious as to what everyone is doing in regards to 87/89 (I know search function) just my first time reading about it. Also where you at in the Panhandle?
I did with this tank, I usually do 89 like recommended. I don't notice any difference in motor health or performance. It was actually 30 cents a gallon cheaper not 20.
I live in Panama City, you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/