5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.0L Hurricane Engine Review

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sounds really disappointing, at least in stock form. I've heard some amazing I6 and V6 engines, this is more like a standard Camry.

Of course, having 510 hp / 500 lb-ft of torque, it outpowers the 6.4L Hemi in just about every metric. I'm sure this engine has great potential for the future.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds really disappointing, at least in stock form. I've heard some amazing I6 and V6 engines, this is more like a standard Camry.

Of course, having 510 hp / 500 lb-ft of torque, it outpowers the 6.4L Hemi in just about every metric. I'm sure this engine has great potential for the future.
Yeah, had hoped it would sound like an M3, M5 etc...

Also heard a rumor of it possibly going into the upcoming Dakota, would be a nice option.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Yeah, had hoped it would sound like an M3, M5 etc...

Also heard a rumor of it possibly going into the upcoming Dakota, would be a nice option.

Inline six twin-turbo, I was definitely expecting more, but maybe that's down to the exhaust. BMW definitely entered my mind with their Inline turbos. But I recently drove a Jaguar F-Type V6, that thing sounded amazing, better than many V8s, which I think is down to their exhaust tuning. If I could bet the Hurricane to remotely sound like that or more likely a Bimmer M, I think I could easily live without a Hemi.

Last edited:

Dewey

Reaction score
That sounds horrible.😲
All I can say is I’m glad I’m stuck with a Hemi for the next 5 years. Maybe much longer if that’s the direction they go.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Inline six twin-turbo, I was definitely expecting more, but maybe that's down to the exhaust. BMW definitely entered my mine with their Inline turbos. But I recently drove a Jaguar F-Type V6, that thing sounded amazing, better than many V8s, which I think is down to their exhaust tuning. If I could bet the Hurricane to remotely sound like that or more likely a Bimmer M, I think I could easily live without a Hemi.
I remember the episode of Top Gear where Jeremy reviewed the v6 F-type. Wonderful sounds.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Inline six twin-turbo, I was definitely expecting more, but maybe that's down to the exhaust. BMW definitely entered my mine with their Inline turbos. But I recently drove a Jaguar F-Type V6, that thing sounded amazing, better than many V8s, which I think is down to their exhaust tuning. If I could bet the Hurricane to remotely sound like that or more likely a Bimmer M, I think I could easily live without a Hemi.
I'm guessing Borla will eventually fill the need.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Boy, this guy sure hates the EcoDiesel. I love mine, but then, I'll never work on it.
I'll keep my 2020 Longhorn EcoDiesel, 26 MPG average and all. I bought the 8-yr, 125k mi Mopar warranty.

MarPar

Takes a MoPar to catch a MoPar
Reaction score
What a glorious noise!

Now if I can get my leaning tower of power to sound like this instead of a pack of angry bees, im in business. :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread