5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.0 keeps the dealer in business. Dinging noise while idling and RAM's solution

reman

Reaction score
I love my 2021 1500 limited and at around 21k miles. The 3.0 not so much. I never thought this would happen. I have a great praise for RAM and their service department. Being in warranty also helped.
About a year ago, I noticed a dripping oil leak. First, I thought that it was a poorly installed oil plug, but then the oil was coming down from the top.
This resulted in a replacement of the front engine cover which took a few months to come in and then get replaced. While the oil was leaking, it soaked the steering rack in oil.
After the oil dried out, the steering started squeaking on every turn of the wheel. The dealer installed a new power steering rack. Then I began addressing the dinging sound.
A year ago, I started noticing a dinging noise while idling at a drive-through or next to a wall. Sounded like a pulley or something, but it wasn't.
Today I found that the long block needs replacement. The StarCenter recommended a complete engine replacement. This sucks.

Here is a video.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
Well maybe with a new engine your problems will be solved . Mine is a 23 Limited with 58K on it and knock on wood zero problems except they had to replace the radio once when I screwed it up. I have a good dealer and they covered it under warranty. Helps this is the 5th truck I bought from them in 7 years.
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread