5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Truck...

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
About a week ago, we purchased and will be surprising our son with a Tacoma 2018 SR 2WD double-cab for his 16th birthday next week.

Really love knowing that he will get many years out of it, and will still be a perfect vehicle through college and beyond, as Toyota longevity is legendary.

Hope to do a few projects along the way and teach him how to do his oil changes, basic maintenance, etc.

Being the base 4 cyl engine, we may want to find ways to increase performance later on. Tips on what's available for that platform are welcome :)

Cheers,

IMG_0458.jpeg

Mason1217

Reaction score
Thanks Dad!! You need my address to ship it? Or do I have to come get it?

Nate4x4

Reaction score
About a week ago, we purchased and will be surprising our son with a Tacoma 2018 SR 2WD double-cab for his 16th birthday next week.

Really love knowing that he will get many years out of it, and will still be a perfect vehicle through college and beyond, as Toyota longevity is legendary.

Hope to do a few projects along the way and teach him how to do his oil changes, basic maintenance, etc.

Being the base 4 cyl engine, we may want to find ways to increase performance later on. Tips on what's available for that platform are welcome :)

Cheers,

View attachment 11014

Awesome choice!

If you will...tell your son for me: Happy Birthday and Congrats! :D

RebelMike

Reaction score
My first new truck was an '88 base model Toyota. Bought it right out of college. That thing was a tank! I drove the wheels off of it. As mentioned, they are a blank canvas for upgrades and mods. I upgraded mine into a really nice truck. It's too bad it rusted into a heap, or I might still have it.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
That model leaves a lot of rooms for birthdays and christmases to come, little TRD upgrades here and there, and loads of other stuff. Good call!
Thanks. My thoughts exactly. We'll see where this goes.

Users who are viewing this thread