5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

285/65r20 +1 last call! on Stock or Air suspension.

Webbd30

Reaction score
Alright guys I have read through a ton of threads and have seen many different answers.

I want to know if any members have run this set up and can post some pictures, findings, and reviews of your experiences.

I plan to run: 285/65/r20 on Fuel 20X9 +1 wheels.

My current ordered set up is: Ram Laramie, with Off road group & air suspension. and I want to know if anyone has run this size on stock or air or ORG and what experiences they have had.

Thanks for your forum time!

D.

Webbd30

Reaction score
That is a fairly aggressive size for a non-leveled truck. You could have some issues up front.

Thank you so much for your reply! A member messaged me and let me know 217/65r20 will work perfect filling the wheel well up.

I see your running the same tire? are you running Air suspension or a lift? what is your take on the tire size and ride quality?

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your reply! A member messaged me and let me know 217/65r20 will work perfect filling the wheel well up.

I see your running the same tire? are you running Air suspension or a lift? what is your take on the tire size and ride quality?

I have an Off Road Group optioned pickup with a 2” level. I think the tire size is perfect. It fills the wells nicely and looks moderately aggressive. If I had to do it again, I might actually go with the size you originally listed but I did want to keep the same width tire to maintain the ride of the original size. I’d say I accomplished that, these tires ride close to stock after I put some miles on them to break them in.

Webbd30

Reaction score
Awesome. For any one else reading this. If you have the "Off Road package & Air suspension" the official MAX tire size is 275/65R20. This will be with no Rub or mods to the stock truck.

thank you to all the members for supporting that decision.

Users who are viewing this thread