5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2500 suspension mod recommendation

goexploringmt

Reaction score
Hey 5th gen folks.

I just got a 2019 2500 and it's a great rig, but my wife hates the way it rides. 99.5% of the time I don't haul anything, but I don't want to loose the hauling capacity and I want to improve the ride.

Based on what I have seen it's best to change out the springs. Lighter springs or airbags?

Any preference on shocks? We'll pound down dirt roads and do a little light 4bying.

Any suggestions are much appreciated for this truck mod newbie.

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Hey 5th gen folks.

I just got a 2019 2500 and it's a great rig, but my wife hates the way it rides. 99.5% of the time I don't haul anything, but I don't want to loose the hauling capacity and I want to improve the ride.

Based on what I have seen it's best to change out the springs. Lighter springs or airbags?

Any preference on shocks? We'll pound down dirt roads and do a little light 4bying.

Any suggestions are much appreciated for this truck mod newbie.
Just out of curiosity... If you only haul 0.5% of the time why not just get a 1500?...the new Ram 1500s ride like a Cadillac (they ride too nice for a truck in my personal opinion)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

goexploringmt

Reaction score
I was able to pick it up for $30k as someone bought it from an insurance total loss and fixed the body. Also, some day we may go back to a truck camper and wanted the option to have something bigger than our travel lite. Before we bought the trailer we were looking at bigger truck campers and I kept ruling them out because they were too heavy. My wife replied, "I didn't know we bought a p u s s y truck". At the time I had a Tundra.... need I say more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online