5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'22 Laramie Hemi - software update info

Trogdor

Reaction score
A dealer oil change turned into a 4-hour fiasco with a software update I explicitly told them not to do. They said they 'had to' for the reverse camera recall.
Unable to stop them, I'm stuck with it at the moment, and now my radio is glitchy .. icons randomly enlarge, but more importantly, the backup camera and a couple of other things are gone now like my seat heat/cool options, trailer controls, and the setting for delaying radio turning off for X seconds after turning the truck off. Does anyone have any idea how to get those things back without having to go back to the dealer?

The missing things such as camera and heater controls usually come back within 1-2 hours but I have seen where it takes a little longer. If it's not back in the morning I would try disconnecting battery for a few minutes then reconnecting the battery then giving it 1-2 hours.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

It can take up to 24 hours for everything to come back after an update. When the update is done, it will show a message on the screen stating this (you probably didn’t see it because they did the update)

Also, since it’s classified as a safety recall, I believe they’re required to do it regardless of what service you’re in for or what you ask to do or not to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back