5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

22” wheel upgrade issues?

alexharrel

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I have a Ram 1500 Bighorn 4x4 with ORP and just had the Mopar 2” lift installed. I’m wanting to upgrade the factory 18” wheels to 22” wheels and wanted to know if it’s simply buy and bolt on, or if I will need anything else. I had seen something about knuckles but nothing conclusive. I apologize for being such a novice in this area, I could not find the results through search.

Hey guys!

I have a Ram 1500 Bighorn 4x4 with ORP and just had the Mopar 2” lift installed. I’m wanting to upgrade the factory 18” wheels to 22” wheels and wanted to know if it’s simply buy and bolt on, or if I will need anything else. I had seen something about knuckles but nothing conclusive. I apologize for being such a novice in this area, I could not find the results through search.
No issues if going with factory 22 inch wheels.

Just need to adjust the diameters for the speedometer calibration.

Hey guys!

What wheels and tire combo are you looking at? The only real issue that would arise is rubbing.

What wheels and tire combo are you looking at? The only real issue that would arise is rubbing.
I got 22” wheels with 35x12.5 tires with -18 offset. I’m sure I will need to trim 😬

Just need to adjust the diameters for the speedometer calibration.
Hmm, the dealership told me the 5th gen rams automatically adjust the speedometer. Is this not true?

I got 22” wheels with 35x12.5 tires with -18 offset. I’m sure I will need to trim 😬
Haha, I think you can get away with a zip-tie on the front bottom of each inner fender liner cover. Unless of course, your truck was made on a Monday. If so, then RIP…

Hmm, the dealership told me the 5th gen rams automatically adjust the speedometer. Is this not true?
They don’t, but there are several options to calibrate for your new setup.

no. it does not auto adjust. it does not pull from GPS or any other BS. The truck has no idea what diameter tires you have unless programmed. It only know how many rotations the transmission and ABS indicate.

the only thing it will do is when you have a phone connected it will show your GPS speed through a projected app ( carplay or android auto ). That is all 100% segregated from the truck via the security gateway by design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back