5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

22” to 20” tires

Bigfoot49

Reaction score
I’m looking at buying my first 2020 1500 on the lot that has 22” tires. I’d rather have 20”. Can the dealer replace the 22” tires with the 20”? I contacted the dealer and they said no, gotta keep what’s on the sticker. I’m not sure if they really can’t or just don’t want to. Anybody know the truth? Thanks.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
I’m looking at buying my first 2020 1500 on the lot that has 22” tires. I’d rather have 20”. Can the dealer replace the 22” tires with the 20”? I contacted the dealer and they said no, gotta keep what’s on the sticker. I’m not sure if they really can’t or just don’t want to. Anybody know the truth? Thanks.

They won't because it changes the equipment. I'm not going to say no dealer ever has, but I have never seen it personally and it's definitely not common. What you could do that is possible and does happen, is ask the dealer's Parts Manager to buy back your "take-offs" meaning the 22" Wheels and Tires and use that money to buy wheels/tires you do want.

Back in 2014 when I ordered my Longhorn, I hated the the standard Longhorn wheels so I got the dealer to agree to buy my stock wheels/tires for $1000 and I used that money toward my own aftermarket wheels/tires that I had delivered to the dealer and installed before I took delivery of my truck. Good luck with the purchase!

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The dealer can do it if they want to. I did it with mine, went from 20 to 18. They weren't too bothered by it, I didn't ask for a price break and they were able to up sell a Tradesman with 20s. Play hardball and tell them it's a deal breaker or you found another dealership willing to get you 20's. Another option is people are always willing to trade on this site

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wouldn't happen to be close to Florida would you? I'd trade you my 20's for the 22's lol

TNSmokee

Reaction score
My dealer did it for me. I wasn't a 22' guy and wanted the 20's that come on the Laramie Sport. I didn't ask for anything in return, just the swap to make the purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread