5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram Big Horn Misfire code (P0300).

Gobindp

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I recently bought a 2025 RAM 1500 Big Hirn from Ryan Auto Mall in Buffalo Minnesota. As I am driving it home from dealer the engine light came on. I called dealer and they told me to take it in for diagnostic. They run tests and came to the findings that it have a code P0300. Now, the technician told me he can’t fix it because the engineers at Dodge manufacturing is working on a fix. This code means a misfire of one or multiple cylinders. Also it can lead to increase fuel consumption. This defect was first discovered in August 2024 but Dodge auto maker. I feel as if I was being deceived by the dealership and not told about this defect. Also the customer rep from dodge told me if continue to use drive truck it will stall. And when the engine light is on it will not start with the remote. I live in Minnesota where winter is brutal. I need to remote start my truck before I drive which is good for engine and defrosting during winter. I want to return this truck cause my expectation of buying a new vehicle is that there will be no issues. I am very frustrated about this and have to drive over 100 miles each time going to dealer and back.

It’s a software update, they currently have one for misfires that was released on October 8th. It takes 10 mins and you’re back on the road. Show them this

Attachments

• IMG_5982.png
    IMG_5982.png
    168 KB · Views: 18
It’s a software update, they currently have one for misfires that was released on October 8th. It takes 10 mins and you’re back on the road. Show them this

Will this software update work for 2025 Ram 1500 V6? If yes, why the dealer told me they don’t have a fix? Is it because they might not have the communication or they just don’t want to fix it? Assuming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will this software update work for 2025 Ram 1500 V6? If yes, why the dealer told me they don’t have a fix? Is it because they might not have the communication or they just don’t want to fix it? Assuming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is it the twin turbo or etorqe 3.6?

Hello guys,
I recently bought a 2025 RAM 1500 Big Hirn from Ryan Auto Mall in Buffalo Minnesota. As I am driving it home from dealer the engine light came on. I called dealer and they told me to take it in for diagnostic. They run tests and came to the findings that it have a code P0300. Now, the technician told me he can’t fix it because the engineers at Dodge manufacturing is working on a fix. This code means a misfire of one or multiple cylinders. Also it can lead to increase fuel consumption. This defect was first discovered in August 2024 but Dodge auto maker. I feel as if I was being deceived by the dealership and not told about this defect. Also the customer rep from dodge told me if continue to use drive truck it will stall. And when the engine light is on it will not start with the remote. I live in Minnesota where winter is brutal. I need to remote start my truck before I drive which is good for engine and defrosting during winter. I want to return this truck cause my expectation of buying a new vehicle is that there will be no issues. I am very frustrated about this and have to drive over 100 miles each time going to dealer and back.
I would give them a little time to try and fix the truck. If it doesn't get resolved, look into what the Lemon Law's are for your state. If needed, look up Lemon Law lawyers in your area and they will help take care of the process for you. I have a friend going through this with a Honda right now.

I would give them a little time to try and fix the truck. If it doesn't get resolved, look into what the Lemon Law's are for your state. If needed, look up Lemon Law lawyers in your area and they will help take care of the process for you. I have a friend going through this with a Honda right now.
That’s a tried and true engine and transmission you have it will be fine, lots of software stuff going on right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Back