5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 1500 Tradesman w/8.4 uConnect - using 2 phones?

uniqueFLH

Reaction score
Hey there e'rrybody. New to the Forum. New to the RAM Truck community.
I have been all over The Googles, and have scanned & searched trying to find the proper method and/or a work-around for using multiple phones simultaneously.

Every vehicle I've owned since the release of CarPlay Has allowed me to use my Personal iPhone for Wired CarPlay AND have my Work iPhone connected simultaneously thru Bluetooth. This has let me use all the functionality of my Personal iPhone for Mapping, Music & all the other features that CarPlay offers - but, if a 'Work Call' were to come-in, the Radio would show the incoming call and allow me to take it thru the hands free Bluetooth connection...essentially 'pausing' the CarPlay.
The method above has worked in Ford, Chevrolet, VW, Audi and Mazda vehicles. There were no special tricks that needed to be done...no crazy Settings that needed to be changed. It 'just worked that way'.

I've seen feedback that this should work on RAM uConnect...or, more precisely, that it has worked on some versions of uConnect.

I've spent WAY too many hours since taking delivery of the truck (about a week ago) trying to figure this out. No joy. Every time a CarPlay connection is made...the phone functionality of the other device is disabled.

The only workaround I have is to use my Work Phone as CarPlay, and my Personal Phone as a 'Media-only Device' - but that is unacceptable, because I don't want the constant annoyance of 'Work Texts' disrupting every moment of every drive I take. Whereas I DO want to get Notifications from my Personal phone.

Any thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Also. FWIW. This is the first RAM product I've had...first from that whole auto group in fact. After a week. Seems pretty decent. Aside from this idiotic CarPlay/2nd phone mess.

Users who are viewing this thread