5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 vs 2025

JAW

Reaction score
I have a 2024 Laramie with Hemi on order. Should be in late December/early January. Wondering if I should pass and wait to order a 2025, but can’t get info on pricing and trims other than hurricane engine. Thoughts on value of keeping the 2024 with Hemi, that will be a model year old in 3 months, vs waiting and ordering a 2025 in about 15-30 days according to reports.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2024 Laramie with Hemi on order. Should be in late December/early January. Wondering if I should pass and wait to order a 2025, but can’t get info on pricing and trims other than hurricane engine. Thoughts on value of keeping the 2024 with Hemi, that will be a model year old in 3 months, vs waiting and ordering a 2025 in about 15-30 days according to reports.

Do you want a tried and tested big v8, or do you want a new turbo 6 cylinder that has no real longevity history but is somewhat more powerful?

The main difference is the engine choice, and probably the price will go up slightly as it does every model year. You could also look for good deals on dealer lots if they're trying to move stuff before the end of year but these will still be hemis.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
That's an interesting question. I generally try to stay away from the first year after a redesign. This is more of a mid cycle refresh, but there are still some new things going into them other than the Hurricane. Having owned an EcoBoost I'm not as worried as some others about having a twin turbo V6, but I still prefer a naturally aspirated V8. I'd probably stick with the order you already placed, unless some of the new features or new Tungsten trim level appeal to you.

23RAM

Reaction score
I never buy the first year of a new model change, especially if the engine is changed to something new with no history. I would keep the ordered hemi or wait until 2026 and hopefully they've worked out any issues with the new I6 engine.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I never buy the first year of a new model change, especially if the engine is changed to something new with no history. I would keep the ordered hemi or wait until 2026 and hopefully they've worked out any issues with the new I6 engine.
The Hurricane may be new to Ram, but it's already in the Jeep brand.

23RAM

Reaction score
The Hurricane may be new to Ram, but it's already in the Jeep brand.
Yeah but it's not just the engine, it's all the components, electronics, etc., that work with it as well. It's not just plug and play.

Users who are viewing this thread