5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rebel - was a hardcore Chevy Avalanche guy

NSCRDV

Reaction score
Just traded in my 2013 Black Diamond Avalanche (4th AV I’ve owned since 2002) as it was just no longer capable of keeping up with my needs at its age.

Pulled the trigger on a Ram as I need reliable towing. I’m looking into adding the TTPMS system via a software update and buying the module and sensor kits (2 trailers).

I’d also like to add the Qi charging pad - has anyone done either of these modifications?

Has anyone added the kick down assist step?

Any recommendations on an under seat bin for the rear seats, beyond the somewhat flimsy stock device? I would like to keep my receiver hitches and a set of hazard triangles there. I will miss the saddle bags the AV had, and I do not have RamBoxes. Otherwise the Rebel is an incredible step forward for me and I expect to get 10+ years out of this new truck as well!

Attachments

• IMG_6533.jpeg
    IMG_6533.jpeg
    228.4 KB · Views: 19

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nice truck, congrats! Du-Ha (or similar) are good underseat storage units, btw.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just traded in my 2013 Black Diamond Avalanche (4th AV I’ve owned since 2002) as it was just no longer capable of keeping up with my needs at its age.

Pulled the trigger on a Ram as I need reliable towing. I’m looking into adding the TTPMS system via a software update and buying the module and sensor kits (2 trailers).

I’d also like to add the Qi charging pad - has anyone done either of these modifications?

Has anyone added the kick down assist step?

Any recommendations on an under seat bin for the rear seats, beyond the somewhat flimsy stock device? I would like to keep my receiver hitches and a set of hazard triangles there. I will miss the saddle bags the AV had, and I do not have RamBoxes. Otherwise the Rebel is an incredible step forward for me and I expect to get 10+ years out of this new truck as well!
Regarding stowing the receiver hitches, I thought that was the main reason Ram puts the two in-floor storage bins in each side of the rear floor. I know a lot of guys buy lockable metal inserts to put into those in-floor storage bins, in order to carry their pistols safely and hidden, but I do recall in years past (maybe at the introduction of the DT chassis in 2019?) Ram mentioned that they had enlarged the in-floor storage to accommodate trailer hitch gear.

2019-Ram-in-floor-storage-bins.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread