5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rebel GT Aux Switch Question and Help

stevieb92

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the correct place for this question, but I am looking to add some auxiliary exterior lighting and don't really want to go with a SwitchPros or AuxBeam switch panel. I'd rather use OEM factory Aux switches, but my Rebel doesn't have any in the dash below the infotainment system. There's a blank there, but I'm not aware of any Aux switch that can be added into that? The truck has the towing package, which I believe added the trailer steering knob as shown in the first pic. I'll never use the trailer steering knob because I learned how to back trailers of all sorts from being raised on a dairy farm. I'd like to keep the brake controller, so if I can disable the trailer steering thing in the truck electronics and swap panels for the one with the Aux switches (Mopar 68578985AA in the second pic), I would be all for that swap. Has anyone made this swap or am I asking for trouble with the control modules in the truck?

Rebel_GT_Switch_Panel.jpg

Mopar_68578985AA_Switch_Panel.png

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I briefly looked into this Upfitter add on but gave up pretty quickly because it seems like a huge hassle. My fuse box isn’t wired for upfitter switches and it’s not as simple as buying the upfitter module and plugging it in. SKTCustoms makes a nice factory looking insert for the @LASFIT aux controller or Auxbeam controller. That’s the route I am going to take eventually. Have a few other mods taking priority at the moment.

stevieb92

Reaction score
I briefly looked into this Upfitter add on but gave up pretty quickly because it seems like a huge hassle. My fuse box isn’t wired for upfitter switches and it’s not as simple as buying the upfitter module and plugging it in. SKTCustoms makes a nice factory looking insert for the @LASFIT aux controller or Auxbeam controller. That’s the route I am going to take eventually. Have a few other mods taking priority at the moment.

Bummer. Thanks for the heads up. It would be nice of Ram if it was plug and play. That SKTCustoms insert looks nice, but my truck has the GT package and console shifter so I don't think that would work for me.

From their site description:
  • Compatible with '19+ Ram 1500, 2500, 3500 Bighorn, Laramie, Rebel, and Power Wagon models equipped with the factory center console
  • Will not work with Longhorn, Limited, GT, or TRX models because they use a different center console design

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There was a guy on YouTube, but also the company that made the harness doesn't anymore from what I know

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/