5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Ram Limited 4x4-Tire size, vented seats, front camera and remote start when low on gas

RamBamRepeat

Reaction score
2024 Ram Limited 4x4-Tire size, vented seats, front camera and remote start when low on gas input appreciated.
Hey all. Many Rams going back 20 years. My 2019 was lemon lawed a couple of years ago. I thought I was done with Ram after that year plus battle. You can find my old posts on that ordeal.

However,, Hemi is in the blood for decades so with the ’24 being the last of them, I opted for a loaded up one, including the 22 inch rims. All good 2k miles in.

Some input appreciated though from others with the following knowledge:

I think the sidewall size of the tires that came with the 22 rims are too low profile, especially when the air suspension is raised up to a higher level.

Any pics of anyone who swapped them out for bigger tires on the same rims? 22 x 9 Black Aluminum, Tires: 285/45R22XL BSW All Season. Any issues in regard to air suspension on low or other issues in doing so.

I realized the other day if the truck is too low on gas (seems it was reading 80 miles more of fuel) the remote start goes on but cuts off after a few seconds. I don’t remember my older Rams doing that. Irritating but fixed easy enough with fill up.

Though I have the AC set and the vented seats selected to start when truck remote starts or is directly started, the seat vent is always on the lowest setting selection, even though it was on high when I shut truck off. I’d like it on high every time the truck remote starts or I start it directly. Am I setting the truck up wrong or just how it is?

The back up camera comes on in reverse, then shows front cams for a few seconds when put back in drive. I’ve gone through the screens, selected camera delay I believe it was to keep the front cam on a bit longer. Is there no way for front truck cameras to just come on simply when they get near an object, say while parking? I’ve been pressing the icon on the screen to show front cameras meanwhile as needed.

Any input appreciated on any of the above. Yes, I’ve googled, Youtubed, tried looking at the damn digital manual. lol.

Very happy with the truck. And, as always, for all the info in this forum.

Reverse

Reaction score
I agree on the sidewall. For a while I went with 22" Michelins with a taller sidewall, but eventually switched to 18" rims with beefier tires and am much happier with those. 22" rims are just not practical on trucks. This thread may be of help

The rest of what you posted is default behavior and can't be changed AFAIK (on my 2020 anyway).

dajogejr

Reaction score
2024 Ram Limited 4x4-Tire size, vented seats, front camera and remote start when low on gas input appreciated.

I realized the other day if the truck is too low on gas (seems it was reading 80 miles more of fuel) the remote start goes on but cuts off after a few seconds. I don’t remember my older Rams doing that. Irritating but fixed easy enough with fill up.

Though I have the AC set and the vented seats selected to start when truck remote starts or is directly started, the seat vent is always on the lowest setting selection, even though it was on high when I shut truck off. I’d like it on high every time the truck remote starts or I start it directly. Am I setting the truck up wrong or just how it is?

The back up camera comes on in reverse, then shows front cams for a few seconds when put back in drive. I’ve gone through the screens, selected camera delay I believe it was to keep the front cam on a bit longer. Is there no way for front truck cameras to just come on simply when they get near an object, say while parking? I’ve been pressing the icon on the screen to show front cameras meanwhile as needed.
Hey..
A. Odd.. I don’t recall my remote restart ever failing unless the low fuel light was on. Possible it was on with 80 miles left?
B. Same, wish it would go max cooling with remote start, it won’t, get used to hitting the screen a few times to get max cooling. If you find a way around that, I’d be interested too.
C. I’m unaware of any front camera screen view once the vehicle is in motion. There is a way to turn all cameras off once you’re out of reverse, there’s also a delay to switch from rear/front/overhead for a set time or MPH (Don’t hold me to it, but I think it’s 5 or 10 seconds or like 8MPH, or something like that). But as far as any activity while going forward, front collision/bumper sensors are it, no camera view I’m aware of.

Not having the cameras on automatically while driving forward may be a safety thing, I honestly don’t know.
What I can tell you, if is it was, you’d have pages of people complaining the cameras come on when I do this…:)

Enjoy the truck. Short of aftermarket programmers, etc., I’m interested if you find out any different.

RamBamRepeat

Reaction score
Hey..
A. Odd.. I don’t recall my remote restart ever failing unless the low fuel light was on. Possible it was on with 80 miles left?
B. Same, wish it would go max cooling with remote start, it won’t, get used to hitting the screen a few times to get max cooling. If you find a way around that, I’d be interested too.
C. I’m unaware of any front camera screen view once the vehicle is in motion. There is a way to turn all cameras off once you’re out of reverse, there’s also a delay to switch from rear/front/overhead for a set time or MPH (Don’t hold me to it, but I think it’s 5 or 10 seconds or like 8MPH, or something like that). But as far as any activity while going forward, front collision/bumper sensors are it, no camera view I’m aware of.

Not having the cameras on automatically while driving forward may be a safety thing, I honestly don’t know.
What I can tell you, if is it was, you’d have pages of people complaining the cameras come on when I do this…:)

Enjoy the truck. Short of aftermarket programmers, etc., I’m interested if you find out any different.
A-I did see a low fuel light on when I got in the truck after the auto start only worked for a few seconds. I was just surprised it cut off as I never had that happen on any of my prior Rams. So, must be a nanny sensor in the newer ones that does that cut off as my older Ram trucks with auto start (I always get it, a great feature) would probably have just run on auto start until they ran out of gas.

B-Same thought with auto start. I press it and when I get in the AC is on, the seat vent on but only on the low setting. I then have to press the seat vent icon off then back on so it's on high. Must be how it's set up. Even when I start the truck directly though (having left the seat vent in the high position on turning the truck off) the seat vent is again at the low setting. As I'm in 115 plus summer weather, just glad the low seat vent at least helps a bit.

C-I'm sure people would be driving fast and watching the front cams, causing wrecks etc if cams were on at any speed. For me, it's when parking. I have another brand suv and when going slowly and parking, the front cameras just come on to show you all around the vehicle as you do so. I do have the delay switch option selected so the front cameras do stay on a bit longer when going from reverse to drive. I've got a long driveway with a very long rock wall I park up against closely thus why it'd be nice if the front cam stayed on a good while longer while the truck was moving slowly. I end up pressing the camera icon to get it to do so.

Thanks for your feedback on those items.

Users who are viewing this thread