5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram Rebel Heads Up Display Issue

BigLizAZ

Reaction score
New 2023 Ram Rebel that I purchased new a couple of months ago. About 2,000 miles on it. Heads Up Display has worked perfectly normal since day one, until this morning. Got up early to run down to the store and within 10 seconds of driving the display faded away and disappeared. After panicking for a minute trying to fathom what was going on, it reappeared and faded back into its normal intensity. Stayed that way for the rest of the 5 minute drive to the store. Turned truck off, spent 15 minutes grabbing some stuff, came out and started truck. HUD was there, but seemed extra bright and intense. After about 30 seconds it seemed to return to normal intensity level. About 3 minutes later, it faded away and disappeared like before. Didn't return by the time I got home. Sat in the driveway for about 5 minutes and nothing. Turned truck off, waited about 15 minutes and went back out and restarted...still didn't come on. Seeing its Labor Day weekend and I won't have a chance to get someone at the Dealership to look at it, figured I reach out the the forum and see if anyone else has experienced this.

BrodieBruce

Reaction score
I just had something similar happen this morning. Ordered the truck new in May, took delivery in June, 1,800 miles on it currently. Went out this morning to run my kid to school and the display faded until it was barely visible. I cycled the brightness settings in the menu, but nothing changed. Power cycled, still no change. I'm going to contact the dealership today to schedule an appointment, has anything changed with yours?

BigLizAZ

Reaction score
Since the occurrence on the 2nd, it hasn't repeated itself a single time. I've sat and speculated about it quite a number of times, along with looking across the internet for answers. The best I can come up with is this. Both times I've had to unhook my battery (in relation to installation or replacement of a part), the electronics for the truck seem a little "squeamish" for the next 24 to 48 hrs. For instance, the Off-Road Screen and options disappeared from the Uconnect display after power was restored, and didn't reappear until approximately 24 to 48 hrs later. After researching that little problem I gathered that there is some type of sync between the truck electronics and Ram that takes some time to occur after the system as been "disturbed". The afternoon before this problem with the HUD occurred, I had used AlfaOBD to adjust the size of my tires to correct the speedometer; everything went smooth and I didn't have any issues (related to that process). Now I didn't disconnect the battery in that process, and I did do a test drive after to check the speedometer, and the HUD appeared to work fine during that test drive. However that is the best I can come up with in regards to cause and effect of my HUD experience on the 2nd.

Users who are viewing this thread