5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram Rebel GT 5.7 loses power for no reason while driving...anyone else?

heffy

Reaction score
This has happened to me 3 times now. twice while accelerating from 20 MPH and once when accelerating from 40 MPH. The engine just slows down idle to 1500 RPM and if I push the petal to the floor it sputters up to 2000 RPM but won't go any higher shaking and seems like it's fighting to get fuel. After 30 seconds or so of letting on and off the pedal it regains it normal driving response. Truck has never completely stalled, just loses power, sputters, then snaps out of it and drives completely normal. 5.7 GT Hemi e-torque I use regular gas and do not use any additives. Anyone else have or heard of this?

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
Maybe spark problems or fuel flow problems are the 2 big things that jump out. Granted there is a mountain of potential in the 2 main topics.
I'm sure that if the truck were to visit the repair shop it would return with the dreaded "unable to duplicate," please remit 1 arm, and 1 leg for the diagnostic fees/time.
Do you have the ability/knowledge to log/monitor data streams in real-time? The log files may provide a definitive path to investigate, maybe someone can give a better starting point than I can think of currently.
That is a real head-scratcher, especially with such a new truck.
I can't even imagine the frustration that you have.

Please, keep us all advised as you try different things for the future us to learn from.

BlueHemi1500

heffy

Reaction score
Happened again today, really feels like it being starved of fuel. I'm always very heavy on the pedal, jack rabbit at very start. Absolutely hate taking it to the dealer, and they'll never get it to do it. Was hoping they could just reset the pcm or something like that. I was hoping others have had this happen, and it's an easy computer fix. Check engine light does not come on.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Happened again today, really feels like it being starved of fuel. I'm always very heavy on the pedal, jack rabbit at very start. Absolutely hate taking it to the dealer, and they'll never get it to do it. Was hoping they could just reset the pcm or something like that. I was hoping others have had this happen, and it's an easy computer fix. Check engine light does not come on.
Maybe disconnect the negative battery cable for an hour or so to let everything reset?

Last edited:

heffy

Reaction score
Maybe disconnect the negative battery cable for an hour or so to let everything f reset?
theblet, When you suggested this I thought "this can't work" but I did it just for fun. It only has happened 4 times in 12,000 miles, so it might be awhile for me to know. HOWEVER the auto engine start and stop has never worked properly, maybe one out of ten drives would it work. Now it seems to be working on a regular basis...so thanks for that!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
theblet, When you suggested this I thought "this can't work" but I did it just for fun. It only has happened 4 times in 12,000 miles, so it might be awhile for me to know. HOWEVER the auto engine start and stop has never worked properly, maybe one out of ten drives would it work. Now it seems to be working on a regular basis...so thanks for that!
You’re welcome. I hope it holds!! 🤞🏻🙏🏻

heffy

Reaction score
It jack rabbits off because I slam my foot on the pedal...only way I know how to drive!

Users who are viewing this thread