5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram 1500 Rough Country vs. Readylift

CaptainMax

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am new to this form, and I couldn't find this topic, but if it is already out there, please comment with a link.

Anyways, I ordered a 2023 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab Short Bed and looking to do some upgrades when the truck arrives. One of the upgrades I am looking at is lifting/leveling the truck. Through my research, I have would four lift kits that I am interested in; however, I am open to other suggestions, so if you have any, please comment below.

The four lift kits currently on my list are:
- Rough Country 3.50-Inch Bolt-On Suspension Lift Kit with Lifted N3 Struts and Premium N3 Shocks
- Rough Country 3.50-Inch Bolt-On Suspension Lift Kit with V2 Monotube Shocks
- Rough Country 3-Inch Bolt-On Suspension Lift Kit with Premium N3 Shocks
- ReadyLIFT 3.50-Inch SST Suspension Lift Kit

I believe I am correct in my research, but correct me if I am wrong, but I believe these four lift kits will meet my short criteria:
- Does not require any modification (Bolt-On and go)
- Will fit with 35's on 22's without any rubbing
- Good on-the-road lift kits

Any advice or input on these lift kits would be greatly appreciated, along with any other recommendations.

lapoolboy

Reaction score
Out of those, ReadyLift..... ALL....DAY....LONG

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I heard from a few sources the Readylift 3.5 kits is especially stiff riding on the street. You are talking both top hat and spring preload spacers with that kit, no spring/shock upgrades. This is a recipe for stiffened ride quality.

The Rough Country kits come with upgraded springs/shocks, probably designed to improve the ride as well.

Highly recommend you check out the user reviews for both kits before making your decision.

lapoolboy

Reaction score
The way to go with the ReadyLift kit is to scrap the OEM shocks and replace them with Bilsteins. Set the fronts at clip position just higher than 1.5" (depends on whether you go with 5100s or 6112s) to allow for settling, omit the preload spacer, and use only the tophat spacer. The ride quality is amazing and I feel it is better than stock.

I know there are some Rough Country fans out there and I don't want to offend, but I have seen several of their kits for several makes/models up close and it is garbage compared to some of the other (better) brands. There is no way I would put any of their stuff on my truck. There is a reason their stuff is so cheap.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
The way to go with the ReadyLift kit is to scrap the OEM shocks and replace them with Bilsteins. Set the fronts at clip position just higher than 1.5" (depends on whether you go with 5100s or 6112s) to allow for settling, omit the preload spacer, and use only the tophat spacer. The ride quality is amazing and I feel it is better than stock.

I know there are some Rough Country fans out there and I don't want to offend, but I have seen several of their kits for several makes/models up close and it is garbage compared to some of the other (better) brands. There is no way I would put any of their stuff on my truck. There is a reason their stuff is so cheap.

That sounds like a good idea, I wonder if he could just buy the top hat spacer and UCAs from Readylift and get the Bilsteins of his choice.

I rather go with the Carli kit, but way too pricey, the plan you outlined is where I was likely going to go myself. Using the Bilsteins to level the front 2.5 or 3.0 inches.

lapoolboy

Reaction score
That sounds like a good idea, I wonder if he could just buy the top hat spacer and UCAs from Readylift and get the Bilsteins of his choice.

I rather go with the Carli kit, but way too pricey, the plan you outlined is where I was likely going to go myself. Using the Bilsteins to level the front 2.5 or 3.0 inches.

Nope, I already tried that. Best to buy the full 3.5" SST kit anyway - all you'll have left unused are the preload spacers.

You can buy their leveling kit with the UCAs and tophat spacers to avoid buying preload spacers you won't use, but then you'll have to buy the rear spacers separately if you want a complete lift kit.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Nope, I already tried that. Best to buy the full 3.5" SST kit anyway - all you'll have left unused are the preload spacers.

You can buy their leveling kit with the UCAs and tophat spacers to avoid buying preload spacers you won't use, but then you'll have to buy the rear spacers separately if you want a complete lift kit.

Sounds good, to level with the rear, you need 3.5" in the front, but assuming only 2.5" if you don't raise the rear?

lapoolboy

Reaction score
Sounds good, to level with the rear, you need 3.5" in the front, but assuming only 2.5" if you don't raise the rear?
3.5" up front will still leave you with slight rake if you lift 2" in the rear.

2.5" in front only leaves you sitting closer to level. I had this setup on mine for a while and it was still just a tad lower in the front.

Outlaw21

Reaction score
I just installed the 3.5" ReadyLift SST last night and had 35x12.50R22 Trail Grappler tires put on today. So far I'm very happy with the way it rides even using the OEM shocks. Before / After pics

Attachments

• 20221005_075212.jpg
    20221005_075212.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 269
  • 20221126_111709.jpg
    20221126_111709.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 272
  • 20221126_111836.jpg
    20221126_111836.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 270

Frosty Ride

Reaction score
I have the Rough Country 3.5 lift on my Big Horn with ORP. Biggest advice do not buy the kit that comes with spacers for the front. I did that and it creaked and groaned before I took it back to the installer. They put the Rough Country struts on and is perfect now. There are two kits out there and the one with the struts is about $300 more. Truck might ride better than stock now and looks nice.

CaptainMax

Reaction score
I just installed the 3.5" ReadyLift SST last night and had 35x12.50R22 Trail Grappler tires put on today. So far I'm very happy with the way it rides even using the OEM shocks. Before / After pics
Thank you very much!

Jwedding1989

Reaction score

Which 5100? I seen 2 different ones.

lapoolboy

Reaction score
You referring to the 5160? Those are remote resi's for the rear. They pair nicely with the 6112 up front. Otherwise, just run all 5100's.

Reaction score
I've been trying to figure this out too. I can get either. I am looking at the 6" lift and with new UCA's and installed from RC I can get it all for about 3k installed. If I do the Readylift no UCA's installed it is about 4k from 4WP. The Readylift has new springs for the rear but the front is still lifted by a spacer. I dont tow or haul heavy loads. It is mainly lumber and lawn stuff for home projects so is it worth the extra grand? I could use that for a programmer or another mod.

BigPapa59

Reaction score

I Got Cargomaxx HD springs in the back, Extreme suspension spacer on the front with readylift control arms. Not that the stock shocks are bad but I ordered Bilsteins as well

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
I have the RC complete 3.5” kit with upgraded rear shocks and lifted struts on 2 different trucks. Very happy with ride.

Attachments

• A5EB2D9D-257B-445B-B871-68F8D39D1723.jpeg
    A5EB2D9D-257B-445B-B871-68F8D39D1723.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 37
  • 14BCEA98-A93D-4272-A54B-10022E733F7B.jpeg
    14BCEA98-A93D-4272-A54B-10022E733F7B.jpeg
    248.2 KB · Views: 37

mrclortho

Reaction score
ReadyLIFT 3.50-Inch SST Suspension Lift Kit - 35's. It rides and drives like stock (still using stock shocks). I tow two trailers loaded up the bed and been off-road with zero issues. It has been a very nice kit for the money. However, you aren't going to gain any 'performance' upgrade, just taller for bigger tires.

Being a Jeeper, I will NEVER run a Rough Country lift again...ever.

ram31.jpg

Steelcajun39

Reaction score
I just put this on my 2024 RAM but when I measured from the ground to the wheel well in the front it was 41" and the back was 40, I thought this was supposed to level the truck

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just put this on my 2024 RAM but when I measured from the ground to the wheel well in the front it was 41" and the back was 40, I thought this was supposed to level the truck
A little more info would help. What kit did you put on etc?

Users who are viewing this thread