5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel New Tires and Wheels

CaptainMax

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I ordered a 2023 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab Short Bed in October and have been starting to make a list of possible upgrades since the order.

Right now, I am looking at what the best tire and wheel combination would be. I ordered with the Night edition package, so the 22-Inch x 9.0-Inch wheels with the 285/45R22XL tires come stock. I have been looking at some pictures, and the 285s just don't seem to be enough tire for the 22-Inch wheels.

I understand the 2023s have not come out yet, but if anyone has experience with 2021, 2022, etc.

Couple Questions:

1. With stock leveling, can I equip the truck with 18-Inch wheels, or will they not clean the brakes/calipers?
1a. If 18-Inch works, what is the right tire size to go along without any modifications or rubbing?

2. With stock leveling, and if 18-Inch wheels will not fit, will 20-Inch wheels work?
2a. If 20-Inch works, what is the right tire size to go along without any modifications or rubbing?

3. With the 2.5-Inch level kit, can 18-Inch wheels work?
3a. If 18-Inch works, what is the right tire size to go along without any modifications or rubbing?

4. With the 2.5-Inch level kit, can 20-Inch wheels work?
4a. If 20-Inch works, what is the right tire size to go along without any modifications or rubbing?

I appreciate all your help!

Ruger

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I ordered a 2023 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab Short Bed in October and have been starting to make a list of possible upgrades since the order.

Right now, I am looking at what the best tire and wheel combination would be. I ordered with the Night edition package, so the 22-Inch x 9.0-Inch wheels with the 285/45R22XL tires come stock. I have been looking at some pictures, and the 285s just don't seem to be enough tire for the 22-Inch wheels.

I understand the 2023s have not come out yet, but if anyone has experience with 2021, 2022, etc.

Couple Questions:

1. With stock leveling, can I equip the truck with 18-Inch wheels, or will they not clean the brakes/calipers?
1a. If 18-Inch works, what is the right tire size to go along without any modifications or rubbing?

2. With stock leveling, and if 18-Inch wheels will not fit, will 20-Inch wheels work?
2a. If 20-Inch works, what is the right tire size to go along without any modifications or rubbing?

3. With the 2.5-Inch level kit, can 18-Inch wheels work?
3a. If 18-Inch works, what is the right tire size to go along without any modifications or rubbing?

4. With the 2.5-Inch level kit, can 20-Inch wheels work?
4a. If 20-Inch works, what is the right tire size to go along without any modifications or rubbing?

I appreciate all your help!
Welcome CaptainMax, there’s a lot of info on this site that will help you out. Also check out Customoffset.com you’ll find a million different set ups and configurations. Once you get a general idea of which way you want to go, repost and I’m sure more people will jump on and give you some advice. Right know you are all over the place……I’m also waiting for an ordered 2023 Laramie ECO 4x4, but I ordered it with the night edition and the ORG so it’s coming with 20s. I plan on keeping the wheels and going with larger tires. Somewhere in the 33 or 34 range and 11.5 wide. I plan on leveling the front and doing UCA. Any tire in that range should work on your set up without a lift. Good luck on search. I’m still searching as well.

Users who are viewing this thread