5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Limited Wireless Charger 82215150AD or AG or something else.

TripleB

Reaction score
When i go to the different Mopar sites that sell the wireless charger some will say that the part AD or AG fits but other sites will say niether AD or AG.

Maybe the sites just are not caught up. Most of them show a pic with a cd player cut out on the left. Usb on the right. My truck just has usb in the middle. Customer service at Accessory parts said he checked with Mopar and they said the AD matches my vin.

Definitely curious what to anticipate showing up.

Anyone else install a wireless charger in their 2023?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3564.jpeg
    IMG_3564.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 32

Gunner115

Reaction score
I installed it on my GT but it was a little different than yours since there's no console shifter. Wasn't all that bad, just have to follow the directions and you'll be fine.

TripleB

Reaction score
I installed it on my GT but it was a little different than yours since there's no console shifter. Wasn't all that bad, just have to follow the directions and you'll be fine.
Not really worried about installing it. It’s trying to make sure I order the one that doesn’t have a hole in it for the DVD player that I don’t have. 😊

Gunner115

Reaction score
Good point. My USBs are off to the right and I have a little cubby where the CD player would be. Just searched the part numbers and saw what you were talking about. Both part numbers show the opening on the left and don't have the USBs in the center like yours. Might be worth checking with the dealer (hoping that someone knows what to look for) to cross reference the numbers.

TripleB

Reaction score
Good point. My USBs are off to the right and I have a little cubby where the CD player would be. Just searched the part numbers and saw what you were talking about. Both part numbers show the opening on the left and don't have the USBs in the center like yours. Might be worth checking with the dealer (hoping that someone knows what to look for) to cross reference the numbers.
Thanks. My dealer parts guy inquired today at Mopar and he just ended up confused did not know what to order. I do not mind a cubby if its included but he said he did not see it in the parts list. He is going to inquire some more.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When i go to the different Mopar sites that sell the wireless charger some will say that the part AD or AG fits but other sites will say niether AD or AG.

Maybe the sites just are not caught up. Most of them show a pic with a cd player cut out on the left. Usb on the right. My truck just has usb in the middle. Customer service at Accessory parts said he checked with Mopar and they said the AD matches my vin.

Thanks.
don't all 2023 Limiteds come standard with wireless charging? honest question

TripleB

Reaction score
don't all 2023 Limiteds come standard with wireless charging? honest question
Well i guess if they did i would not be asking about it. A Limited MSRP varies by at least 10 k. Mine MSRP was $77k i saw one for 90k

Last edited:

TripleB

Reaction score
They had another Limited that I like that was charcoal gray and it had whatever other package that gave you the camera in the mirror, front and back, parking assist which I thought I would really really like and a couple other things more than what my truck has for $3k more.

We tried the parking assist but the salesman did not really know how to use it. Probably pretty neat but after trying to get him to work it right, I lost interest in it.

I stood and stared at it for a few minutes, but I couldn’t talk myself into the charcoal gray. I’d like the silver much more.

seansmd

Reaction score

Thanks.
My 23 limited looks just like this .

John Galt

Reaction score
They had another Limited that I like that was charcoal gray and it had whatever other package that gave you the camera in the mirror, front and back, parking assist which I thought I would really really like and a couple other things more than what my truck has for $3k more.

We tried the parking assist but the salesman did not really know how to use it. Probably pretty neat but after trying to get him to work it right, I lost interest in it.

I stood and stared at it for a few minutes, but I couldn’t talk myself into the charcoal gray. I’d like the silver much more.
That’s the tech package. I got it for a bunch of the other features like wireless charging, ACC, and all the cameras.
the park assist is a novelty and it does work but I never use it.
one of the problems with park assist is that it backs you into perpendicular spaces…..which are usually at shopping center….which means when you come out with your groceries or your Home Depot lumber your truck bed is usually blocked by other vehicles and impossible to load…..amd for parallel parking if you’re on a street amd there’s a vehicle behind you it won’t work so it’s of very limited use.

it’s neat though. You can show off to your friends. It’s one of those features nobody would every buy if it wasn’t part of a package with other features you wanted….a sort-of stealth price hike. I wouldn’t pay for it but if the only way to get the options I want is to buy the package that has it (and costs more because it has a few features I don’t care about) I guess I’ll pay a few hundred bucks more….on a $70k truck I’m not going to worry about a few hundred dollars one way or the other…..and that’s what they count on.

as a techy, the other stuff in the tech package was worth the price of admission. For me at least.

TripleB

Reaction score
That’s the tech package. I got it for a bunch of the other features like wireless charging, ACC, and all the cameras.
one of the problems with park assist is that it backs you into perpendicular spaces…..which are usually at shopping center….which means when you come out with your groceries or your Home Depot lumber your truck bed is usually blocked by other vehicles and impossible to load…..amd for parallel parking if you’re on a street amd there’s a vehicle behind you it won’t work so it’s of very limited use.

it’s neat though. You can show off to your friends. It’s one of those features nobody would every buy if it wasn’t part of a package with other features you wanted….a sort-of stealth price hike. I wouldn’t pay for it but if the only way to get the options I want is to buy the package that has it (and costs more because it has a few features I don’t care about) I guess I’ll pay a few hundred bucks more….on a $70k truck I’m not going to worry about a few hundred dollars one way or the other…..and that’s what they count on.

as a techy, the other stuff in the tech package was worth the price of admission. For me at least.
I give up on getting Ram charging pad. Too many complaints about it away. I do not know if the issues are still current or not.

I ordered the Boost hopefully it works as advertised

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I give up on getting Ram charging pad. Too many complaints about it away. I do not know if the issues are still current or not.

Factory charging pads are slow compared to others. I wish there was a way to disable them. You can't put your wallet anywhere near it, because it will ruin credit cards.

TripleB

Reaction score
Factory charging pads are slow compared to others. I wish there was a way to disable them. You can't put your wallet anywhere near it, because it will ruin credit cards.
Currently i just have a big pad that i set the phone on. It rest on the cup holder area.

But most of the time when I have a passenger, I have to move it because people always have a cold drink.

With the boost it will just be in its intended spot. 😊

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the pad on the limited is not in the way of anything...a bit slow but there are other options if you need a quick charge. works well enough to keep the phone alive. it's a nice option but in no way was something folks got the package for

JB16V

Reaction score

Currently i just have a big pad that i set the phone on. It rest on the cup holder area.

But most of the time when I have a passenger, I have to move it because people always have a cold drink.

With the boost it will just be in its intended spot. 😊
I’m sure you’re better off with an aftermarket wireless charger. I already stopped using the factory one in my truck (2023 limited picked up last month) and I use the USB cable instead. The wireless charger is super slow and my phone gets hot (but that might also be because I use CarPlay at the same time)

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score

same...I know I have the park assist but have never tired it...same thing on our jeep cherokee...no clue how to use it. LOL!

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
the pad on the limited is not in the way of anything...a bit slow but there are other options if you need a quick charge. works well enough to keep the phone alive. it's a nice option but in no way was something folks got the package for
I didn't say it was in the way of anything, just that it will destroy credit cards placed near it. I have no use for it anyway, my battery lasts 2 days. I wish they could be turned off.

John Galt

Reaction score

The one that came in my 2023 works. Just wish there were 2 of them.

Users who are viewing this thread