5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Limited Seat Memory Problem

SWFla1

Reaction score
After having my 2023 Limited for about a week I decided to set the memory profiles. I followed the instructions in the manual a number of times, followed the video online a number of times and even took it to the dealer to set in case I was misreading something. All in all i've programmed the memory profiles in the neighborhood of 20 times in the attempt to get it to work.

The issue: Everything works fine when pushing the memory button on the door or using the key fob EXCEPT the driver's seat reclines completely no matter which fob or profile is used. The dealership can't figure it out, I can't figure it out, but I'm beginning to think there's a programming issue somewhere. Any thoughts???? Thanks in advance.

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
I'm more apt to think that the sensor in the recline is defective or not plugged in properly or something. The seat needs to know where its at and if it thinks it tilted forward and needs to tilt back to get where you want it set, it will just keep going. Dealer should be able to figure this out. Basic troubleshooting.

SWFla1

Reaction score
I'm more apt to think that the sensor in the recline is defective or not plugged in properly or something. The seat needs to know where its at and if it thinks it tilted forward and needs to tilt back to get where you want it set, it will just keep going. Dealer should be able to figure this out. Basic troubleshooting.
That makes sense to me. I'll make the dealership aware and see if they've checked the sensor yet. Thank you!

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
That makes sense to me. I'll make the dealership aware and see if they've checked the sensor yet. Thank you!
sometimes the sensor can be part of the motor assembly, regardless that would be the 1st place id look since others program and recall fine.

SWFla1

Reaction score
Thank you for your thoughts - I called the dealership and they agreed and told me how to calibrate the sensors. It's all good now!

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
Thank you for your thoughts - I called the dealership and they agreed and told me how to calibrate the sensors. It's all good now!
Awesome, glad you got it working. want to share on here so if someone comes across this issue they know how to potentially fix?

SWFla1

Reaction score
Happy to post the solution! To calibrate the seat sensors move the seat back all the way to the reclining position and hold the button for 5 seconds, move the seat back all the way to the forward position and hold the button for 5 seconds. Repeat with the seat bottom. That should make the sensors aware of the limits of each part.

I hope I described it correctly - those are the instructions I followed and it worked first time!

cjohnson

Reaction score
Happy to post the solution! To calibrate the seat sensors move the seat back all the way to the reclining position and hold the button for 5 seconds, move the seat back all the way to the forward position and hold the button for 5 seconds. Repeat with the seat bottom. That should make the sensors aware of the limits of each part.

I hope I described it correctly - those are the instructions I followed and it worked first time!
Had a jeep that did the same thing

Users who are viewing this thread