5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Laramie GT ordered and VIN received

Tommydent

Reaction score
Hey there! Just registered on the forum and I'm excited to be a part of the 5th gen family. I ordered a 2023 Laramie GT with just about every option they offered and got my VIN last week. I'm coming out of a 2014 F150 so this will be a whole new experience for me. Its amazing how few GTs are actually out there. I'm in Florida and have yet to see one on the road. Some local dealers havent even had one delivered! I look forward to sharing info as the build progresses ...

Last edited:

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hey there! Just registered on the forum and I'm excited to be a part of the 5th gen family. I ordered a 2023 Laramie GT with just about every option they offered and got my VIN last week. I'm coming out of a 2014 F150 so this will be a whole new experience for me. Its amazing how few GTs are actually out there. I'm in Florida and have yet to see one on the road. Some local dealers havent even had one delivered! I look forward to sharing info as the build progresses ...
welcome
and put your vin here

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome! Hope you'll like your GT as much as I like mine!

Tommydent

Reaction score
Thanks! Here is my build .. after placing the order i realized i wanted the power running boards but i can add them after delivery. Im really looking forward to the truck!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230528_211658_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230528_211658_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 16

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congratulations! Nice choice with the Night Edition. You're gonna love it! Hope you have a few bucks leftover for all the mods you're going to want to do after you start browsing. :)

Tommydent

Reaction score
Thanks! First thing will be a ceramic paint sealant and then take it easy for a while lol. I've had 3 Tundras and 3 F150s over the years but i am really impressed with the new Ram. The 2014 F150 i have now i did some performance mods to - 4:11 gearset to replace 3:31, 93 octane performance tune, and magnaflow cat back exhaust. Im hoping with the GT having the 3:92 axle, and factory installed cold air intake and exhaust, that i will be happy with the performance. The etorque supposedly helps a little with off the line acceleration so time will tell!

HemiDude

Reaction score
I think you may find the GT as a good starting point for performance mods, it definitely won’t feel as peppy (stock) as the F150 you described. The etorque doesn’t add as much as described, but you can’t get a GT without it. Looking forward to seeing some pics after you receive it

Tommydent

Reaction score
I think you may find the GT as a good starting point for performance mods, it definitely won’t feel as peppy (stock) as the F150 you described. The etorque doesn’t add as much as described, but you can’t get a GT without it. Looking forward to seeing some pics after you receive it

Tommydent

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. The F150 is more of a high rpm performer with the 5.0 coyote. I've driven some new hemi Rams and they definitely have a different feel acceleration wise. Effective torque will come on earlier with the hemi especially with the performance axle ratio i ordered in my truck. One thing i learned with the F150 is how much of an impact axle ratio has on performance. I went from a 3:31 ratio to a 4:11 and it was night and day. The cold air intake they installed on the GTs along with the cold end exhaust should give the truck a pretty agressive sound. No real performance gain but increased cool factor for sure!

HemiDude

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. The F150 is more of a high rpm performer with the 5.0 coyote. I've driven some new hemi Rams and they definitely have a different feel acceleration wise. Effective torque will come on earlier with the hemi especially with the performance axle ratio i ordered in my truck. One thing i learned with the F150 is how much of an impact axle ratio has on performance. I went from a 3:31 ratio to a 4:11 and it was night and day. The cold air intake they installed on the GTs along with the cold end exhaust should give the truck a pretty agressive sound. No real performance gain but increased cool factor for sure!
Yes, Ram did a great job with the sound tuning on the GT exhaust. If you stand in front of the truck and start it, it sounds quite tame, but from behind it sounds aggressive

Users who are viewing this thread