5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 5.7 Rebel squeal/rattle at start up.

BTB123

Reaction score
Hello all, I’ve noticed on my 2023 Rebel at cold startup I have a squeal type noise at start up. It seems a bit louder from the driver front tire opening. It generally goes away after a minute or two. Anyone else hear this by chance and any guesses as to what it might be? It doesn’t sound at all like a Hemi tick.

Thanks in advance.

raygun9

Reaction score
My 2020 has always done this, never found anything and neither has the dealer.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

BTB123

Reaction score
My 2020 has always done this, never found anything and neither has the dealer.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply. You have taken to dealer and they were unable to find any issues? It definitely doesn’t sound right to me. Maybe a pulley or something.

raygun9

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. You have taken to dealer and they were unable to find any issues? It definitely doesn’t sound right to me. Maybe a pulley or something.
Ya, its only for like 1 second... I thought maybe a heat shield or something... If it was a pulley it should do it on a warm engine too right not just cold startup?

I will say the dealership I went to had the dumbest tech's working there. SIX trips for them to finally find the leaking rear window... I had to get in the truck and sit with the tech when it was raining and point to the water coming in.....

BTB123

Reaction score
Ya, its only for like 1 second... I thought maybe a heat shield or something... If it was a pulley it should do it on a warm engine too right not just cold startup?

I will say the dealership I went to had the dumbest tech's working there. SIX trips for them to finally find the leaking rear window... I had to get in the truck and sit with the tech when it was raining and point to the water coming in.....
Damn!

Users who are viewing this thread