5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 1500 Classic 5.7 4x4 Hemi dash lights remain illuminated, gauge needles tick, and PNRD lights light up while truck is off & locked

Brendon15

Reaction score
Hey all,

A new member to the RAM family as of 3 months ago! I found a good deal & decided to purchase a 2023 1500 Classic 5.7 with 6k miles. A couple things to consider: the truck is technically used, so purchased as is with manufacturer's warranty & unfortunately I did not purchase it at a RAM dealer as that's not where it was located. I really love this truck, but I am becoming intensely frustrated with this issue that has been happening.

I've only put about 2k miles on it since I purchased & everything was fine until about 2 & a half months in. I woke up one morning to the dash lights illuminated & after further inspection, with the dash lights illuminated, the gauge needles will tick about every 15 seconds along with PNRD lights flickering simultaneously with the needles. All while this is happening, if you put your ear to the fuse box, when this tick goes off there is also a beep that goes off in the fuse box. There must be some type of current draw that is happening or a short that is keeping the cluster from sleeping. This has been very random as sometimes it will stay on all night & other times it won't even happen.

I understand there are multiple posts about this already on these forums & I have troubleshooted many things on my own, but my goodness.. This is essentially a brand new truck & it doesn't even have dust in the engine bay. It has already been to the dealer twice (2 different dealers) & each time was basically pointless.

I understand the dealers have a process & limitations, but both visits were essentially pointless. The first dealer did not even understand the problem & said the only code that was thrown was the door sensor (which they fixed) & that didn't work. They then proceeded to flash the ECU & reset the UConnect system.. that didn't work.

Dealer #2 (Of course) the truck decided to NOT malfunction while we were there, so they said they flashed the ECU & could not replicate the issue, so they had no idea. Sure enough, as soon as I arrived home, locked the truck, came out 5mins later & BOOM it was malfunctioning.

This is a long post I apologize, but I guess my point is that neither dealer even cared to hear from us what was happening & even in the case that we had a detailed video of the issue. I understand if it isn't happening they can't assume, but it seems to be quite obvious some type of electronic issue & they just say WELP that's all we can do. I imagine this has to get fixed at some point, but it is unbelievably annoying to deal with. I put a quick disconnect on the post of the battery to just shut it off while I am not using it to avoid the drain from the malfunction.

Does anyone have any advice, input from a similar issue, or direction on what should be done next?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread