5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Rebel

B0RN2W1N

Reaction score
Hello, Super excited I was able to find a sweet black rebel with the red interior with under 6,000 miles.

However, I was suprised that this truck did not come with Remote Start. Is that normal for RAM trucks? I come from a custom 2.7l Silverado and that truck although lower trim had it. Also my Honda Hybrid also had it.
Obviously for me it isn't enough to dislike the truck I just find it weird as RAM is known for being Higher Tier IMO.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's an option. Part of the packages. You can have it dealer added or aftermarket.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Mine came with it, and I have probably a lower-middle trim model with the 8.4" screen, no moon roof, vinyl with cloth inserts, vinyl dash (which I prefer over leather).

Its just an option that wasn't ticked on your particle trucks build sheet.

B0RN2W1N

Reaction score
Mine came with it, and I have probably a lower-middle trim model with the 8.4" screen, no moon roof, vinyl with cloth inserts, vinyl dash (which I prefer over leather).

Its just an option that wasn't ticked on your particle trucks build sheet.

Yeah I got the 8.4" screen, the vinyl red interior, and what looks to be the tow package.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Pretty easy to add aftermarket. I installed a Start-X remote start on my last Bighorn, worked flawlessly. Congrats on the new truck btw

SD Rebel

Reaction score
No manufacturer is immune to nickel and diming you.

The TFL channel guys bought the most basic RAM TRX you can get, and I believe it didn't come with remote start or passive entry. Pretty lame for a truck that starts at about $75,000 or so, but I believe they made them standard the following year, with an of course additional price increase for that model.

B0RN2W1N

Reaction score
Pretty easy to add aftermarket. I installed a Start-X remote start on my last Bighorn, worked flawlessly. Congrats on the new truck btw
Thanks, It's been a truck I've been aiming at having for a while! I actually came from a 2.7 Silverado. Torquey little engine but I couldn't stand the jittery 8 speed transmission. They are still giving ok money for trade ins

Users who are viewing this thread