5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram Limited Tonneau Cover (short bed)

JMG22

Reaction score
Long story short, the tonneau cover of my 2022 Ram 1500 Limited was damaged and needed to be replaced. The dealership ordered what they thought was the correct cover. It wasn’t. They then quoted over $2k for a new one but said they could get a replacement cover for it since the frame of the tri-fold was not damaged. The dealership then got that in and estimated two hours for labor. At the end of the day, they wanted five hours of labor at $125 an hour plus the cost of the cover. I went to pick it up and it looks like a kindergartner performed this work. It’s scratched, gouged in several spots, and flops around because it was not pulled tight during install. Anyone know of anyone competent to put one of these together correctly in the Northern NY, Vermont, or even Ontario, Canada. I am not paying over $1k for garbage. I am not accepting what the dealership thinks is acceptable work but in actuality looks like sh!t. I have tried to find out who the original manufacturer is of the tonneau but have not been able determine what company makes them. I appreciate any information that anyone has. The tonneau for the Limited is not the same as one put on a Laramie or lower trim level. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread