5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram ecodiesel hard start issues after driving 2 hours

Doctor D

Reaction score
help ! truck is acting up again after driving hot day I stop and get back in truck after eating and start it up it might do a hard start and turn over 3 or more seconds after push to start function . once it does start it with run rough at idle and then die and electronic throttle service light and check engine light will come on, I will clear codes and drive at highway speeds and it is fine until I kill it and get back in and sometimes it will run ok and but really acting up with hot weather . replaced lift pump and recall on High pressure fuel pump already . also replaced fuel filter after lift pump . going to pull MAP off and clean if I can find it on GEN 3 . might be another sensor somewhere like EGR but need location . hoping I might get some help here ! thx! Doctor D , codes are low fuel rail pressure but I think that is false readings .

Users who are viewing this thread