5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram 2500 Limited short bed 6.4 hemi 4x4w/4.10 gears

c_rc

Reaction score
This is one of the trucks I am considering buying to pull a 32 ft Travel Travel with a GVWR of 11,000lbs. Most likely I'd be towing about 9000 lbs. Tongue weight is approx 1400 lbs. I also purchased a Hensley Hitch which will tow 14,000lbs. The other truck is a 2022 Ford f250 King Rancher short bed 4x4 with a 7.3 motor and 10 speed trans and 3.55 axles. I have heard back from the ford dealer and that truck will meet my needs. Have yet to hear back from the Ram dealer but would assume it should be about the same, I'll know more in a day or two. The ram has rear air suspension, (I'm not sure if that also includes coil springs). and the ford has leaf springs. I didn't include GM in my search because for the year of truck I was searching for, their truck only had a 6 speed trans.
I would like to hear from some of you familiar with this Ram towing configuration.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I don’t have direct experience with either truck, but for towing heavy id bet those 4.10 gears and rear airbags (that replace the coils) on the Ram would be a great choice

Users who are viewing this thread