5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram 1500 Values?!

Stut1313

Reaction score
I special ordered a Ram 1500 Rebel in March, MSRP of $73,290. I was considering trading it on a Bronco (I sold my boat and don't need to haul) but have been told by multiple dealers that the trade-in value is $55,000. Obviously, I'm not going to take that kind of loss but what in the world is going on with that number??!! Surely, the depreciation for a truck with 7k miles isn't 20k!? any info would be appreciated.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The new Bronco is over-hyped. Just keep the Rebel! :p

Try another dealership or sell it to an online car buying site like Carvana, Vroom, KBB, etc. if they'll offer you more. Used truck values are still abnormally high right now, so there's no way your Rebel has depreciated $18k in six months/ 7k miles.

Clv22p

Reaction score
Values for most vehicles are dropping pretty rapidly right now. If you paid MSRP or more for a vehicle in the craziness of the last two years you will most likely lose your *** if you trade it in the near future.

Interest rates are going to put a damper on everything for a while.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Vehicle pricing is market-based...it has nothing at all to do with how much you paid. Just ask the many folks on here that sold trucks they had for years for MORE than they paid. Supply is clearly catching up with demand, and in the case of trucks has likely surpassed it. Anyone that paid sticker or over may well find themselves upside down already...like you.

Plus, you cannot compare your MSRP to a trade-in *OFFER*. The dealer would of course retail that truck for somewhere in the low to mid-$60's, so the depreciation is only $10K, which in normal times would be a pretty fair number.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Economy is about to sink to levels most here have never seen. Values are dropping that fast and interest rates are going way up.

Trading in a new model has usually been a sign of regret and dealers are all over that being the predators that they are. The past couple years have been a rarity, those days are over.

Bullitt2735

Reaction score
Sounds about right to me. A lot of new rebels around that msrp are selling for 69-70k. Dealer offers 55k, lists for mid to high 60’s

Stut1313

Reaction score
I appreciate the replies. Just to clarify. I did not pay MSRP but included it as reference since Rebel prices vary widely depending on build. I am aware that pricing is market related as much, which was more of my question really. In that I wondered if the market for Ram trucks had really bottomed out that much. I expected a number in the low 60’s for trade value and a retail in the high 60’s. Again, thanks for the replies.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep better keep what you have or take a loss on trade in, dealer wants enough room in their offer to make money off it,, better check prices through carmax, carvana etc and get a better idea. Oh and most Ford dealers seem to be charging above MSRP for the new Broncos (non sport ) because of the hype that you may want to keep in mind as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it sounds about right, Ram is back to giving some rebates from what I've scene so will be hard for someone to pay as much or more for a used truck as a new one.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just did a quick run on mine and looks like $15,000 less than I paid is about average for private buyer. It’s even worse as expected for trade in. Not surprising at all in this current market which is trending far less favorable for getting rid of a vehicle. Anybody thinks they will make a killing on their vehicle like recent years will soon find out that ship has sailed in a big way.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Just did a quick run on mine and looks like $15,000 less than I paid is about average for private buyer. It’s even worse as expected for trade in. Not surprising at all in this current market which is trending far less favorable for getting rid of a vehicle. Anybody thinks they will make a killing on their vehicle like recent years will soon find out that ship has sailed in a big way.
The values must vary a lot based on location. Here are the KBB values on my 14 month old Laramie. They are about what I expected. My truck had a $65k MSRP and I paid $59k.

Trade In.jpg
Private Party.jpg

Jgbstetson

Reaction score
High gas prices, manufacturer inventiveness for new, and growing inventories aren't doing you favors. Your number is in line with what I can get for my $68k 22 Laramie.

PDiddy

Reaction score
I just bought my MSRP $59k Laramie for $51k, with all the available rebates. There was also a lot of RAMs available on the lots for me to choose from, new and used. I don’t think the resale is what it was a few months ago. The dealer was willing to pay $46k for my 2020 gladiator on trade in. It’s MSRP was $57. I sold it on my own for $48k.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I special ordered a Ram 1500 Rebel in March, MSRP of $73,290. I was considering trading it on a Bronco (I sold my boat and don't need to haul) but have been told by multiple dealers that the trade-in value is $55,000. Obviously, I'm not going to take that kind of loss but what in the world is going on with that number??!! Surely, the depreciation for a truck with 7k miles isn't 20k!? any info would be appreciated.

As mentioned, the dealer is going to try to sell it for $65,000 or so, probably take $60,000.

RAM was least effected by the parts shortage, they have the largest inventory of full size trucks nationally, they also have the largest level of dealer & manufacturer incentives.

Factor in the higher interest rates, higher fuel prices and general acceptance that there is a recession on the way, and it's all going to effect your resale.

Your best option is a private sale.

@JC

Reaction score
And that's why I traded my 2020 PowerWagon in for my Jeep 392 a month ago for 1k more than I paid for it 2.5 years ago. My TRX isn't built yet but I could see the writing on the wall. 392 goes to the wife when I get the TRX but the trade in value was worth being without a truck for a couple of months.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought my MSRP $59k Laramie for $51k, with all the available rebates. There was also a lot of RAMs available on the lots for me to choose from, new and used. I don’t think the resale is what it was a few months ago. The dealer was willing to pay $46k for my 2020 gladiator on trade in. It’s MSRP was $57. I sold it on my own for $48k.
Definitely depends on your location. My local dealerships used to have dozens of new trucks on the lot (Ford, Chevy, and Ram). The local small CDJR dealership used to carry a couple dozen new 1500's, not including any that were in transit to the lot. Right now they have three of them on the lot and eight in transit. Used trucks are still going for a premium here, and is reflected in the local trade-in values. It's definitely not like it was a year ago, but at least here, it's not like it seems to be in other places. Here's the current trade-in value for the very well equipped Limited I traded in a couple months ago. I paid $65k ($75k MSRP) about 14 months ago. Condition was considered excellent since it met all criteria described on the KBB site for that condition rating. The actual trade in amount I got two months ago was $62,500.

Screenshot 2022-09-06 171021.png

PDiddy

Reaction score
Definitely depends on your location. My local dealerships used to have dozens of new trucks on the lot (Ford, Chevy, and Ram). The local small CDJR dealership used to carry a couple dozen new 1500's, not including any that were in transit to the lot. Right now they have three of them on the lot and eight in transit. Used trucks are still going for a premium here, and is reflected in the local trade-in values. It's definitely not like it was a year ago, but at least here, it's not like it seems to be in other places. Here's the current trade-in value for the very well equipped Limited I traded in a couple months ago. I paid $65k ($75k MSRP) about 14 months ago. Condition was considered excellent since it met all criteria described on the KBB site for that condition rating. The actual trade in amount I got two months ago was $62,500.

View attachment 138621
It definitly depends on the market. My KBB trade in value was between 49k-53K for my Gladiator. But not even KBB would actually give me that amount. Our market is saturated with trucks at the moment. Shift.com wouldn't even offer to buy my Gladiator because they had a surplus of trucks in inventory. I was happy with 48k, since I got the RAM well below invoice.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 21 Laramie sport $65,000 msrp with 13,000 miles has a trade in value of $50,000 still. I think that’s very low on yours! Supply has not caught up yet, ford and Toyota are still way behind on new trucks. Ford is still having parts issues. I know someone who waited 6 months for their f150 because of parts shortage. Id guess gas prices might be a factor. I also think the bronco is way overrated, I’d stick with a truck, good luck with whatever u decide👍🏻

Wire4money

Reaction score
When new rams can be bought for 20% below msrp, why would someone pay top dollar for a used one?

Users who are viewing this thread