5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Cummins Fuel Economy

Scottneh

Reaction score
Hi Everyone...new to the forum and just bought a new 2022 3500 with the Cummins 6.7. I have always had Dodge but this is my first diesel. I'd like to know if anyone is aware of a chip or tuner that can improve fuel economy either by fuel maping or transmission shift point changes. I'd like to have the option for stock, economy or towing if anyone does that. Seems all the chips out there are all about raw power and smoking rear wheels. My local diesel shops have a handful of 5.9s and 6.7s with burned pistions so I dont want to be in that group. Not looking for deletes or warrenty voiding mods. I drive pretty conservatively as it is but at my altitude (5000 to 7000 feet) i only get 14mpg city and 17mpg highway. I have heard of folks getting in the 20s with this motor. Any help would be appreciated...maybe my requirements are a non-starter

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This forum focuses primarily on the 1500 DT models. You’ll probably have better luck with that specific question on the sister site for HD trucks. But with that said, there’s a lot of good stuff here too!

Users who are viewing this thread