5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Big Horn Grille to Laramie

Pclantz

Reaction score
I'm waiting on a '23 Laramie G/T Night Edition. I'm completely new to Ram and only had Ford trucks in the past, so excuse the newbie question. I did do a search before posting. I think the truck I ordered looks great, but I love the sort of honecomb style grille insert on the 22 Big Horns. Does anyone have a part number and I'm guessing it's a straight swap? I'm already planning on taking the entire grille off to put the Rough Contry lights in when I take delivery. Yes, I know it will be harder to clean, and make my stupid expensive truck look like less money to those who really know. I just like the look better. Thanks for any info!

Attachments

• Big Horn Grille Jpeg.PNG
    Big Horn Grille Jpeg.PNG
    980.9 KB · Views: 40

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
It is not a straight swap, there are a few other pieces that need to be swapped too. You're better off doing something like this guy did:

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is not a straight swap, there are a few other pieces that need to be swapped too. You're better off doing something like this guy did:

Curious on why it wouldn't be a direct swap? If he purchased the Bighorn style grille and surround, wouldn't it swap directly over? The surrounding pieces are all the same size and shape. Pretty sure I've come across several that have done grille swaps on here. Maybe I'm missing something but the only exceptions that I know of would be with the Rebel, Limited, and TRX trims due to sizing differences.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Curious on why it wouldn't be a direct swap? If he purchased the Bighorn style grille and surround, wouldn't it swap directly over? The surrounding pieces are all the same size and shape. Pretty sure I've come across several that have done grille swaps on here. Maybe I'm missing something but the only exceptions that I know of would be with the Rebel, Limited, and TRX trims due to sizing differences.
You need to include the Longhorn in your list of exceptions.

Pclantz

Reaction score

Well crap. I may still try to find a way to do it with the Big Horn grille. I see what that guy did but I'm not a fan. It looks like cheap tin with holes in it. I'd just keep the Laramie grille if I can't get the Big Horn grille to work. Thanks though man.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score

There you go. .. unless of course longhorn/limited/rebel/trx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pclantz

Reaction score

There you go. .. unless of course longhorn/limited/rebel/trx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
So it looks like it is a simple swap. That's what makes the most sense. Thanks!!

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm waiting on a '23 Laramie G/T Night Edition. I'm completely new to Ram and only had Ford trucks in the past, so excuse the newbie question. I did do a search before posting. I think the truck I ordered looks great, but I love the sort of honecomb style grille insert on the 22 Big Horns. Does anyone have a part number and I'm guessing it's a straight swap? I'm already planning on taking the entire grille off to put the Rough Contry lights in when I take delivery. Yes, I know it will be harder to clean, and make my stupid expensive truck look like less money to those who really know. I just like the look better. Thanks for any info!
this grille.looks exactly the same they put on the canadian sport models, dont see why i would not fit, they also make the sport in GT version with that grille

Pclantz

Reaction score
this grille.looks exactly the same they put on the canadian sport models, dont see why i would not fit, they also make the sport in GT version with that grille
I don't see why it would be a problem. It's the exact same shape/size. I'm going to order one and make it happen.

Users who are viewing this thread