5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 1500 Limited longhorn

RoyVal

Reaction score
Hey guys I just recently purchased a 2022 ram limited longhorn with 35k miles so far so good. but I keep wondering why this truck didn't come with the air suspension. I did ask the dealer when purchased and they couldn't give me a definite answer. What do yall think?

Sbrooks

Reaction score
Hey guys I just recently purchased a 2022 ram limited longhorn with 35k miles so far so good. but I keep wondering why this truck didn't come with the air suspension. I did ask the dealer when purchased and they couldn't give me a definite answer. What do yall think?
Standard on Limited add on for Longhorn

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So is this something I should bring up to the dealer/ bank or is it to late? I mean I never actually haul anything. But I am paying a pretty penny for this limited longhorn.
It's not standard on a Longhorn. Your truck wasn't ordered with it. Only standard on actual Limited, all other trims, it is an option.

6of36

Reaction score
Oh ok I understand now. Well thank you for your input.
May be better off without it. My service advisor told me they see a lot of failures. Each shock costs $2,500, when they fail. I will definitely be getting an extended warranty for this truck. You do have the same headlights. Those are over $2,500 each too.

N7GZN

Reaction score
I have a Longhorn without the four corner air suspension. The appeal of the Longhorn trim is the interior appointments, leather, and woodgrain with a lighter color than charcoal or black.
As far as the 4 corner suspension, I have concluded that colder climates under certain conditions result in less than stellar reliability due to water ingestion. For what it's worth, I think you have a great vehicle which you can be proud of, and there's no detriment to your truck for not having the 4 corner air suspension option. The Longhorn trim is not as plentiful as other trims, this is something special. I spent months looking abroad before finding what I was looking for.
One option that is on my Longhorn that I would not do without ever again is the powered side steps; I also like the level 2 convenience package that includes the adaptive cruise, front and rear collision avoidance, adaptive high beams, and lane departure.
Enjoy your truck!

6of36

Reaction score
I have a Longhorn without the four corner air suspension. The appeal of the Longhorn trim is the interior appointments, leather, and woodgrain with a lighter color than charcoal or black.
As far as the 4 corner suspension, I have concluded that colder climates under certain conditions result in less than stellar reliability due to water ingestion. For what it's worth, I think you have a great vehicle which you can be proud of, and there's no detriment to your truck for not having the 4 corner air suspension option. The Longhorn trim is not as plentiful as other trims, this is something special. I spent months looking abroad before finding what I was looking for.
One option that is on my Longhorn that I would not do without ever again is the powered side steps; I also like the level 2 convenience package that includes the adaptive cruise, front and rear collision avoidance, adaptive high beams, and lane departure.
Enjoy your truck!
It's not really water ingestion, because it's a sealed system, filled with nitrogen. Not really air suspension. But extreme temps, high, or low, effect it. Here in Michigan, they fail in the winter, but write up told me they fail in the heat in the southwest.

N7GZN

Reaction score
Water can enter the system if there's a leak, and the nitrogen charge is depleted. Once it begins pumping outside air into the system it's a matter of time before the system freezes up when it is below freezing.
Leaks happen, and repairs are expensive.

RAM_Davis

Reaction score
Ram has sold millions of 5th gens with air suspension by now. I think it failing is probably very low but even if it's only 1% that's enough to make some noise. I think it's a neat option and I've gone back and forth on if I want it in my next truck. IF you're one of the unlucky ones to have it fail on you, it is very costly to fix as its something that it seems very few non-dealer shops will touch. There's another thread here about the coil suspension being so good that the air ride is no better. So for me, I think the benefit is really only for hauling and towing with it's self-leveling and not something I want to pay extra for. Be glad it wasn't included because your truck would have been more expensive.

6of36

Reaction score
Ram has sold millions of 5th gens with air suspension by now. I think it failing is probably very low but even if it's only 1% that's enough to make some noise. I think it's a neat option and I've gone back and forth on if I want it in my next truck. IF you're one of the unlucky ones to have it fail on you, it is very costly to fix as its something that it seems very few non-dealer shops will touch. There's another thread here about the coil suspension being so good that the air ride is no better. So for me, I think the benefit is really only for hauling and towing with it's self-leveling and not something I want to pay extra for. Be glad it wasn't included because your truck would have been more expensive.
According to my write up, they still se a lot of them. I was told avoid it. Instead, I will be getting the extended warranty. 8 years, and 125,000 miles, is about the cost of 1 shock, and covers the rest of the truck.

RAM_Davis

Reaction score
According to my write up, they still se a lot of them. I was told avoid it. Instead, I will be getting the extended warranty. 8 years, and 125,000 miles, is about the cost of 1 shock, and covers the rest of the truck.
Dude that's gonna be a badass truck. Love the Ramboxes. It's made it tough for me to buy used since so few trucks surprisingly don't have them and it's something I really really want (not a must but close).

Users who are viewing this thread