5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 sport ambient lighting

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does it matter where the light switch is?
Off, auto etc

Also how dim does it go? Mayne I am expecting to much?

But if i turn it down to the "bump" it should turn them right off correct?
I think someone above is correct, if you have the right wheel all the way up, you cannot control the ambient lights with the left. If you back the right wheel down just past the notch, you can then control ambient light brightness with the left all the way from full bright at the top, to completely off if rotated all the way down. Not having the right wheel set correctly is probably where your problem lies. Mine works in Auto, On, and Parking light positions from the master switch, so that position setting is not your problem.

supercanadian

Reaction score
I know there is a youtube video on this as I the interior lights were something that I was interested in learning about before I bought my truck...still trying to find it... but this video has some overview of some of the interior lights...

Dh8572

Reaction score
If anyone is interested after showing the video the dealer agreed something is off.

It goes in Monday so I will let you guys know

Thanks for the help

Ngeno

Reaction score
My 2021 ram rebel does the same thing. When driving at night my ambient light over the center cup holder in illuminated along with the driver and passenger feet. I do not have a dimmer wheel next to my headlight switch. I did have one in my 2019 Laramie, not in my rebel.

Dh8572

Reaction score
Anyone know how to get those ram care people to look into or ask

Dealer told me its normal

I asked why the dial.........no answer

Users who are viewing this thread