5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 ram rebel not starting/not turning off, shutting down while driving

Trae

Reaction score
Has anyone had issues like this? I have 2021 ram rebel. 29,000 miles. Bought new. Well taken care of. First… I couldn’t start it with fob? So went to crank the truck by pts button. It started. Then I couldn’t turn it off. Aed light serving came on, tire monitoring system. Finally after about 30 minutes I was able to shut it off. And Dealer couldn’t duplicate it. Now this is the second time. It has shut off while driving at around 60 mph. Once stopped. Aed brakes activated. So emergency brake is on. All it says is push to start. Fob is t communicating with truck. Had wife bring 2nd fob. Nothing. Tried jump box. Nothing. Disconnect battery. Nothing. . Couldn’t start it back up. Couldn’t change it in or out of gear or neutral. Just says push to start. Had to get it towed. Went to dealership morning of next business day. Talked with said dealer. They are looking at it. But while I was there. I just tried the fob while there. It cranked up. No codes no lights! This is a huge problem.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Has anyone had issues like this? I have 2021 ram rebel. 29,000 miles. Bought new. Well taken care of. First… I couldn’t start it with fob? So went to crank the truck by pts button. It started. Then I couldn’t turn it off. Aed light serving came on, tire monitoring system. Finally after about 30 minutes I was able to shut it off. And Dealer couldn’t duplicate it. Now this is the second time. It has shut off while driving at around 60 mph. Once stopped. Aed brakes activated. So emergency brake is on. All it says is push to start. Fob is t communicating with truck. Had wife bring 2nd fob. Nothing. Tried jump box. Nothing. Disconnect battery. Nothing. . Couldn’t start it back up. Couldn’t change it in or out of gear or neutral. Just says push to start. Had to get it towed. Went to dealership morning of next business day. Talked with said dealer. They are looking at it. But while I was there. I just tried the fob while there. It cranked up. No codes no lights! This is a huge problem.
lots of reading
but good info

Users who are viewing this thread