5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 RAM Limited creaking

Sbroussard691

Reaction score
I have had a consistent creaking/squeaking noise coming from the front end since I purchased my truck in 4/2021. It literally sounds like an old ship. I’ve brought my truck in for service 5 (FIVE) times. Each time they tried replacing this and that; yet the problem still persists. It's beyond frustrating considering the amount of money I spent on this truck! I'm tempted to sell it, only my potential buyer will only back out when the noise is noticed.

To date replaced the following:
Steering rack bolts, steering shaft, clock spring & entire steering column.

Videos here:

I've been told to bring it in for a sixth time.. Needless to say I'm reluctant as I'm convinced they have no clue how to fix this issue. (not to mention it's 75 miles round trip to the dealership)

I’m considering consulting an attorney and enacting the lemon law in my state as I feel this issue only depreciates the value of my vehicle.

Is there ANYONE else out there who is having the same or a similar problem?

Thank you!

Tdmva21

Reaction score
think it's along the lines of this issue?

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. I'm a bit confused as to how the TSB would affect the vehicle producing a grinding sound?

That TSB addresses a feedback that the electric power steering module produces.

Users who are viewing this thread