5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram Classic Factory Order Time

b5 RaT

Reaction score
Aaron just replied to my email that the truck arrived today! He's out this weekend, so no pics yet, and all I need now is to know when the PDI will be done so I can make travel arrangements. (edit: he said it will be done Monday).

es
DPI ???

stembridge

Reaction score
:cool:

Thanks for the good reminder… The tag off my old truck is still valid and a quick check with our county clerk indicated I can use it until my new tag arrives.

es

stembridge

Reaction score
(cross-posted in the 5th-gen Order Tracking thread) Got up at 3am this morning and drove 10 hours to Mark Dodge to take delivery! Aaron was simply great to work with (he's the short guy)!

IMG_5234.jpeg

I took a bunch of pics, but will only include this one extra, mainly because I got photobombed...

IMG_5238.jpeg

Literally as I pulled up in my rental car, a guy was walking over to check the truck out and I got my first complement before I even bought it!

IMG_5237.jpg

I'll have a nice, easy drive up the Natchez Trace tomorrow to finish the break-in period, then the mods start.

es

stembridge

Reaction score
First mod even before I got home with the truck… stopped at a tire shop and had them swap my tires over to my new wheels:

IMG_5268.jpeg

Averaged 23.7 MPG over 627 miles and am quite happy with that. A good bit of that was on the Natchez Trace, where the speed limit is 50 (which I observed). Still on my first tank of gas, with about 110 miles range remaining.

IMG_5269.jpeg

Now that I'm home, the first order of business is to wash all the bugs off the grille!

Since this officially brings my order > delivery journey to an end, I'll shift over to the various mod threads from here on out. Hope y'all that are still on the journey see a speedy completion!

es

Younan

Reaction score
I have an update. The dealer called earlier and said my truck is scheduled to be built next week. I am not sure if that means much considering I am from Canuckistan. Let's wait and see.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have an update. The dealer called earlier and said my truck is scheduled to be built next week. I am not sure if that means much considering I am from Canuckistan. Let's wait and see.
So. You’re getting a 2022 then, right? Didn’t they start the 2022 DS’s a couple weeks ago?

Younan

Reaction score
So. You’re getting a 2022 then, right? Didn’t they start the 2022 DS’s a couple weeks ago?
From what I understood, I believe it will still be a 2021. The VIN has not changed and the 10th digit is "M".

ShortyV8

Reaction score
Hello Ram community. Soon to be first time Mopar owner here. I placed an order for a 1500 Classic Tradesman on 8/25/21. The order was locked by 8/30 (D status). It will be a 2021 model and both dealers I worked with said it's not clear there will be a 1500 Classic for 2022 model year. 2021 model year may be the last year for the Classic. Both dealers said orders for 1500 Classic can be expected to arrive in approximately 5 to 6 weeks. When this order was placed, the dealer's online ordering application did not have the Express model available. I would have ordered the Express if it were available. The Warlock is available. The spec for this truck is a little unusual so I thought I'd share it here. A 1500 Classic Tradesman reg cab, 6'4" box, 4x4 in Hydro Blue, 5.7 V8, anti-spin diff, 3.92 axle, SXT Pkg, Power & Remote Entry grp, Electronics grp, RamBox, receiver hitch, trailer brake control, sliding rear window, spray in bedliner. I'll post picks when it arrives. Cheers!

stembridge

Reaction score
Hello Ram community. Soon to be first time Mopar owner here. I placed an order for a 1500 Classic Tradesman on 8/25/21. The order was locked by 8/30 (D status). It will be a 2021 model and both dealers I worked with said it's not clear there will be a 1500 Classic for 2022 model year. 2021 model year may be the last year for the Classic. Both dealers said orders for 1500 Classic can be expected to arrive in approximately 5 to 6 weeks. When this order was placed, the dealer's online ordering application did not have the Express model available. I would have ordered the Express if it were available. The Warlock is available. The spec for this truck is a little unusual so I thought I'd share it here. A 1500 Classic Tradesman reg cab, 6'4" box, 4x4 in Hydro Blue, 5.7 V8, anti-spin diff, 3.92 axle, SXT Pkg, Power & Remote Entry grp, Electronics grp, RamBox, receiver hitch, trailer brake control, sliding rear window, spray in bedliner. I'll post picks when it arrives. Cheers!
Depending on where you are in the country, expect delays due to rail car ("auto rack") shortages. My truck took just over seven weeks from order date (June 24) to delivery at Mark Dodge* (August 13), and sat at the rail yard in Warren, MI for ten days waiting to get on an auto rack. You'll also have a few extra days due to your bedliner, which is done offsite and requires transportation there and back before final inspection.

Look forward to pics!

es

*Ask for Aaron - highly recommend!

Last edited:

ShortyV8

Reaction score
Depending on where you are in the country, expect delays due to rail car ("auto rack") shortages. My truck took just over seven weeks from order date (June 24) to delivery at Mark Dodge* (August 13), and sat at the rail yard in Warren, MI for ten days waiting to get on an auto rack. You'll also have a few extra days due to your bedliner, which is done offsite and requires transportation there and back before final inspection.

Look forward to pics!

es

*Ask for Aaron - highly recommend!
Thanks for the information. I'm in the Northeast. The extra time to install the spray in bedliner makes sense. I'll post any updates I get to the schedule and certainly post pics when it arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread