5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram 5.7 hemi

daddywaggs

Reaction score
Thanks for acceptance! I just bought my truck, and wonder if there are any downsides to using the gear limit to disable the mds.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Let the games begin lol

I turn off mds 80% of the time because I don't like it but do some research. Lots of opinions.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I use to do it automatically, but then there was a video stating it actually helped lubrication, either way it's not the reason for lifter failure.

Though not sure if the lubrication theory makes sense, because if won't come on either when in tow/haul mode even when cruising easy on a level road in 8th gear. If MDS actually helps lubrication, then why on Earth would the engineers devise a system that reduces the engine's lubrication capabilities when it's needed the most, towing?

Most people like to turn off MDS because they have an aftermarket muffler and it drones during 4-banger operations, either way you go, you should be fine.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree with the towing situation as well. 1 argument I can think is they assume you're not always towing but many tow or haul for a living so...

Users who are viewing this thread