5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 ram 1500 hood latch doesn’t work.

Ricksn777

Reaction score
just bought a 2021 ram 1500 lone star edition, Love the truck. had the auto start installed by the dealership and they had to replace the hood latch as part of the install?!? NOW just noticed the hood will not unlatch when you pull inside the truck! took it to the dealership, to the person that installed the auto start (mopar autostart). he said, “can you bring it in the morning? I have to figure out how to get into the hood.” man this is ridiculous! mistakes made and careless install. it’s a pain to have to figure out transportation etc... to get my truck into dealership AGAIN in 2 days, in the morning with work etc.. just venting I guess. The auto start was something I negotiated into the truck as part of the incentive to buy, it was free. came with 2 new fobs, great deal on the truck but man, carless work, should have been done correctly the first time. I never thought to check the hood latch after install! lol. they better not ding up or tear up anything trying to detach the hood. I’m just a spoiled American I guess.... has anybody had any experience with this?? i

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whatever you do don't accept the free oil changes!! lol that could end up worse

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/